View Full Version : AN Roll Call

flo
04-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Now that we're close...If you like, list your event.

I'll be in Ladies artistic IV Interpretive on Thursday, 5ish. "Bring Him Home" Group B.

Also - Does anyone have a 2005 nat's pin? I can't find mine and would like to buy another.
Also - Anyone arriving at the Albany airport on Sunday?

thanks

silverbeetle
04-01-2008, 10:16 AM
Hi,

I'll be in Championship Dance

Silverbeetle

NoVa Sk8r
04-01-2008, 10:21 AM
-Silver Men I/II, Wed. PM, if I make it up there in time (silverbeetle, no FS for you? I'm stuck with the I's! :P )
-Gold Pairs, Thurs. AM (if I get up in time! :mrgreen: )
-Championship Pairs, Saturday PM (God help me)

flying~camel
04-01-2008, 10:32 AM
Bronze I ladies - Wednesday @ 2:50pm, '80 rink
Interp I A/D ladies - Friday @ 8:20am, '80 rink

ETA: Arriving Sunday evening & staying at the Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort

TimDavidSkate
04-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Silver Men FS - Class I & II - 6:10pm
(This year is a totally a different ball game I think, the Silver Men might have the reigning 1st and 2nd place finishers from the Bronze I & II competition. And they are very talented!!! Interesting and scary at the same time)

* I'm arriving late Monday night *

Mrs Redboots
04-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Wish I were coming to watch. It is 10 years since they were held in Oakland/Berkeley and I came with 2 English friends to watch - I found the T-shirt this morning! There were some Australian skaters came, too. And I know some folks will be at Lake Placid who were there.

But it's only 3 years since Husband and I came to Overland Park, and saw so many of you....

Have a wonderful, wonderful time - and don't tire yourselves out before the Mountain Cup, now!

TreSk8sAZ
04-01-2008, 11:18 AM
- Ladies Silver I FS, Wed evening
- Ladies I A/D, Fri Morning

coskater64
04-01-2008, 12:23 PM
I am skating my Masters Ladies Artistic 3 LE on Wed night and Dramatic on Friday night. (late pm, I would like liquour thrown or chocolate if possible):mrgreen:

starskate6.0
04-01-2008, 01:05 PM
Im arriving Tuesday afternoon. Not sure if Ill be skating or not.. :roll:
Events are : Thursday , Friday , Saturday, Masters interp, Gold mens , Championship gold mens.. All If Im lucky . Skated for the first time today since the surgery , did basic crossovers , and standing twizzles on new blades. No Jumps , no spins, but lots of pain..:( The mind is willing the body is saying " stay on the couch" . Im going anyway skate or not.. see you there:mrgreen:

daisies
04-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Masters Ladies Junior/Senior III -- Thursday 1:30-2:25pm, 1980 rink
Masters Ladies III B Artistic/Dramatic Interp -- Friday 9:05-9:45pm, 1980 rink

rlichtefeld
04-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Arriving Tuesday afternoon.

Silver Men FS IV/V - Wednesday 7:15pm - 1932 rink
Silver Pairs - Thursday 9:20am - 1932 rink
Pairs Dinner - Fri 7:30pm

Competitors' Party - Sat night
Roomers - most other nights!

Rob

jazzpants
04-01-2008, 01:26 PM
(ETA to add in which group)

Ladies Bronze FS 3 QR B - Wed. 1:25pm (1980)
Ladies Interpretative 3 LE/C Group B - Sat. around 4:20pm (1932)

Figureskates
04-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Going up Sunday..

Registration..

Ice monitor.

Lake Placid Brewpub!

Hope to catch many of your skates! Good luck to all!

jazzpants
04-01-2008, 01:43 PM
YES!!! I get to meet Mr. Weatherman, Figureskates!!! FINALLY!!! YAAAAAY!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Figureskates
04-01-2008, 01:48 PM
YES!!! I get to meet Mr. Weatherman, Figureskates!!! FINALLY!!! YAAAAAY!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Can't miss me..

I will either have my blue club fleece, my warm up club jacket, or 1997 Adult Nationals sweatshirt on...

....and if the weather is crap, remember I am not working! :P

herniated
04-01-2008, 01:48 PM
I'll be arriving Thurs. afternoon/evening
Ladies Interp AD Fri around 1:00 if I'm in group B

flutzilla1
04-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Ladies Bronze FS 3 QR A
Ladies Interpretative 3 LE/C Group B

silverbeetle
04-01-2008, 02:52 PM
-Silver Men I/II, Wed. PM, if I make it up there in time (silverbeetle, no FS for you? I'm stuck with the I's! :P )
-Gold Pairs, Thurs. AM (if I get up in time! :mrgreen: )
-Championship Pairs, Saturday PM (God help me)

So sorry about that NoVa! I'm really enjoying working on my Dance this...look forward to watching the competition (from the boards)

Silverbeetle
(Thankful that he doesn't have to spin (much) this year!)

Mrs Redboots
04-01-2008, 03:39 PM
And I hope that the Cookie Man will be there for you all! You'll like him, Jazzpants!

Mel On Ice
04-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Bronze III Ladies, QR group A
Interp Ladies III, Entertainment/Comedy Group B

Black Sheep
04-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Masters Ladies Interp III LE/C Group B (Wednesday night--The official schedule does not say whether this event is the one on the 1980/1932 rink!)

Gold Ladies III Group A QR (Friday @ 5:40 p.m., 1980 rink)

And, *IF* I'm make it: Gold Ladies III FR (Saturday @ 8:00 a.m., 1980 rink) ;)

LWalsh
04-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Ladies Silver III FS
Ladies Interp AD III

See you there!

Stormy
04-01-2008, 06:40 PM
Silver Ladies II. I'm arriving on Tuesday afternoon sometime. Can't wait to see all my friends....and make new ones! :)

vesperholly
04-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Silver Ladies I. :mrgreen:

jazzpants
04-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Bronze III Ladies, QR group AAwwww, man!!! We won't be competing in the same group!!! :cry: (But we'll be cheering each other in our respective group. :mrgreen: )

Interp Ladies III, Entertainment/Comedy Group BAnd we are in the same group for this event here!!! YAAAAAY!!!! :mrgreen: :bow:

And I hope that the Cookie Man will be there for you all! You'll like him, Jazzpants!Cookies? Did someone say COOKIES!?!?!? :twisted: :yum: :oops: :giveup:

techskater
04-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Masters Interp 2 LE/C Wednesday
Gold Ladies 2 Thursday
Masters Interp A/D Friday

myste12
04-01-2008, 09:03 PM
I'm arriving Wed. and will be skating in Champ. Gold Ladies FS.

MusicSkateFan
04-02-2008, 06:37 AM
Silver Men III Wed night sometime on one of the rinks. Have not looked at the schedule. I get in Tuesday early afternoon. Where's the competition at?:roll: :roll:

rlichtefeld
04-02-2008, 08:13 AM
Cookies? Did someone say COOKIES!?!?!? :twisted: :yum: :oops: :giveup:

Yes, Jay (the Cookie Man) will be there. He is part of the Alabama/Georgia contingent. He doesn't skate, but does come to most of the adult events where his friends skate, and always brings cookies. You just have to figure out if you want the "boy" or the "girl" cookies ;)

Rob

skaternum
04-02-2008, 09:15 AM
Yes, Jay (the Cookie Man) will be there. He is part of the Alabama/Georgia contingent. He doesn't skate, but does come to most of the adult events where his friends skate, and always brings cookies. You just have to figure out if you want the "boy" or the "girl" cookies ;)
I refer to Jay as "Cookie Mom." I don't think he likes it, though. ;) He makes really good cookies -- usually stays in a suite-type hotel with a kitchen so the cookies are often freshly baked. Plus, he's one of the sweetest guys ever! Tell him I said hello, since I won't be there this year.

rlichtefeld
04-02-2008, 10:56 AM
I refer to Jay as "Cookie Mom." I don't think he likes it, though. ;) He makes really good cookies -- usually stays in a suite-type hotel with a kitchen so the cookies are often freshly baked. Plus, he's one of the sweetest guys ever! Tell him I said hello, since I won't be there this year.

I'll let him know. BTW, if you didn't know, in a previous life he was a roadie for Johnny Cash. He has some stories!

Rob

sexyskates
04-02-2008, 12:33 PM
I love Jay's cookies, and he is the sweetest man!

I am skating Silver Ladies 4A Wed, Interp A/D 4B on Thur, and Interp LE/C 4B on Sat. It's going to be fun!!!!

bebi
04-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Arriving Sunday (5ish in the afternoon) and riding the shuttle to LP. Is anyone else on it, and have you heard any details about a shuttle schedule?

I'm skating Ladies Silver III QR freeskate Wed. in the 1932 rink, and really, really hope to be skating the FR Friday [fingers crossed]. Now, where did I put that flying camel???

Mel On Ice
04-02-2008, 07:18 PM
jazz - when do you want your cheap champagne?

jazzpants
04-02-2008, 08:03 PM
jazz - when do you want your cheap champagne?How about after we get the results from both our technical events??? Or would you prefer right after our interp event? Nothing like watching the Champ. Masters Ladies and Men's event totally smashed!!! :P

("Oh, WOW!!! Look!!! That's... a... double... ummm... what's that jump? Make mine a double too!!!" *jazzpants takes another swig at her champage glass...* :halo: :lol: :oops: )

I have YET to hear from the shuttle people, BTW, bebi.... :x

LWalsh
04-02-2008, 08:28 PM
I am skating Silver Ladies 4A Wed, Interp A/D 4B on Thur, and Interp LE/C 4B on Sat. It's going to be fun!!!!

How do you know which group you are in? I didn't receive anything about that.

LW

pedonskates
04-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Masters Interpretive II LE/Comedy Wednesday night late on 1980.
Masters Novice I/II late night on Thursday.

Let's see if I can keep myself on AZ time so that it's not so late for me. I am a morning skater, so late nights are hard for me.

Can't wait to see everyone!

Brenda

bebi
04-03-2008, 02:49 PM
I have YET to hear from the shuttle people, BTW, bebi.... :x

'Got an e-mail from the party bus :oops: , I mean, the shuttle people today. I'm on a 6:30 Sunday night (4/6) shuttle from Albany to LP. Returning the following Sunday (4/13), it looks like they have at least two shuttles -- one at 8 am and another one later in the day (arrives at Albany airport 2:30p). Hopefully, you will also hear from them soon.

LWalsh, if you call or e-mail Mary-Elizabeth Wightman (mwightman@orda.org) she'll tell you which group you're in.

WeirFan06
04-03-2008, 02:56 PM
I refer to Jay as "Cookie Mom." I don't think he likes it, though. ;) He makes really good cookies -- usually stays in a suite-type hotel with a kitchen so the cookies are often freshly baked.

That is SO sweet! I had a cookie last year but didn't know who they were from. I hope I meet him this year! He sounds like such a nice guy!

I'm skating Bronze I Technical and Artistic/dramatic. Though I had pneumonia last week and am having trouble making it through my technical program. I guess I'll just have to see if it's worth it to compete that program or just withdraw. Oh well, either way it will be fun anyway :D

jazzpants
04-03-2008, 04:29 PM
'Got an e-mail from the party bus :oops: , I mean, the shuttle people today. I'm on a 6:30 Sunday night (4/6) shuttle from Albany to LP. Returning the following Sunday (4/13), it looks like they have at least two shuttles -- one at 8 am and another one later in the day (arrives at Albany airport 2:30p). Hopefully, you will also hear from them soon.Party bus? Sounds better than the airport shuttle to me!!! ("Yeah!!! BRING ON THE PARTAAAAAY!!!") :twisted:

I did and I do know which groups I'm in now!!! I also JUST (as in 2 hours ago!) got the email from Marilyn about airport transportation. Of course, I emailed her my confirmation back along with the note of "Ummm... how do I know that I'm walking off with my shuttle driver instead of some ax murderer posing as a shuttle driver or a taxi driver???" 8O :twisted: (Especially since DH is NOT coming with me on this trip. Yes, Jay told him to stay home. He says "if you're not into skiing or skating... there's NOTHING THERE!!!")

I got my shuttle times and all that and I should be at my cabin with my cabin roomies around 9-9:30pm... :D

I'll end on this note, in my best "Cookie Monster Imitations": COOOOOKIIIIIEEEEEES!!! (followed by noises devouring the virtual cookies that's in front!!!) :twisted: :yum: :oops: :giveup: (I will make a point of trying to meet "Jay the Cookie Man!!!") :bow:

Thanks bebi and all you guys for helping out on this first journey to AN for me!!! :bow:

Figureskates
04-03-2008, 04:56 PM
I will be working as a runner on Wednesday from 9 to noon and at the registration table from 9am to noon on Friday and Saturday..

Come by and say Hi..It's fun to put a face and name to a username...

No refunds on weather will be given....;)

I may even try to get some ice Sunday afternoon before all you folks take the ice for practice...

flo
04-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Figureskates: I'l be on the 5pm practice ice on Sunday - see you there!

starskate6.0
04-03-2008, 07:45 PM
After a month of not skating Iv had 2 day's in a row on the ice now since Easterns and the surgery. The Doctor said I could go ahead and skate today..:mrgreen: I am so happy.. It may not be the best Ill ever do but at least I ll have 3 days of practice before Lake Placid.. Ill get there Tuesday afternoon , Ill have to work a few days before then. Ill see you all there.... :mrgreen:

starskate6.0
04-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Iv looked at the schedule and can't find the warm up ice for Gold mens IV.. Can anyone tell me when this is . I can't find it..:?:

sexyskates
04-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Hey Starskate!
I believe that is a typo at 6:50 AM where it says warm up for Gold Men II/III and V, because there is no Gold Men V event listed. They probably mean IV there.
Glad to hear that you are back to skating!

starskate6.0
04-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Hey Starskate!
I believe that is a typo at 6:50 AM where it says warm up for Gold Men II/III and V, because there is no Gold Men V event listed. They probably mean IV there.
Glad to hear that you are back to skating!

Thanks sexy .. kricky.8O 6:50 AM I don't think Iv ever skated that early in my whole life.. Ill have to bring an extra large coffee for that one.. Thanks again. :bow:

WeirFan06
04-04-2008, 06:11 AM
6:50 AM I don't think Iv ever skated that early in my whole life.. Ill have to bring an extra large coffee for that one.. Thanks again. :bow:

One of my warmups last year was at like 6:30 or 6:45am. My coach, who also does my hair and NEVER lets his students just wear a ponytail in competition said to me "It's too damn early! You're just having a ponytail for this one!" Good luck with the early skate :bow: I think I may have another early one this year too!

skaternum
04-04-2008, 08:41 AM
I seem to recall having a 6 am official warmup session one year at Lake Placid. It was horrendous, even though it was only an hour earlier than my usual skating time. :o

coskater64
04-04-2008, 01:00 PM
I will be a runner on Thursday morning and early afternoon and then again on Saturday morning. A lot of the events are very familar to me so I am happy that I will get to watch them and then run the results.

One of the events I am running would have been my free skate event, but alas not this year, but it will be nice to see everyone skate and be able to cheer them all on.

:D

techskater
04-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Let's see if I can keep myself on AZ time so that it's not so late for me. I am a morning skater, so late nights are hard for me.
Brenda

That's what a good nap is for! :mrgreen:

pedonskates
04-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Thanks techskater.
I always enjoy a good nap. I just don't often get to have one.

As I try to get things at work wrapped up enough to leave......

doubletoe
04-04-2008, 05:46 PM
I seem to recall having a 6 am official warmup session one year at Lake Placid. It was horrendous, even though it was only an hour earlier than my usual skating time. :o

Last year our official Gold III QR warmup was at 6:20, I think. This year it's at 6:30am for Gold III FR (so I suppose there would be a silver lining to not making final round, LOL!). I wouldn't complain, since I'm used to having to skate at 6:30am here at home. . . but my body will think it's 3:30am due to the time difference. Yes, it's true, I always have to toss in one big WHINE about the Pacific Coast skater disadvantage! :(

jazzpants
04-04-2008, 06:35 PM
Yes, it's true, I always have to toss in one big WHINE about the Pacific Coast skater disadvantage! :(I guess it's a good thing then that I went to all those morning FS sessions to get used to skating in the mornings then, huh? (Thankfully, my event is 1:20pm and 4:20pm, so it's 10:20am and 1:20pm our time. I should be awake by then!!! :P :lol:

mikawendy
04-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Flo just called me because she left her club skating jacket at the Enterprise rent-a-car desk in Albany. If anyone is flying into Albany and can pick up flo's club jacket, PM me and I can put you in touch w/her. Thanks!

flo
04-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Thanks Mika! And thanks to anyone who may be renting from enterprise. I'm here and skated a session and have already caught up with friends from years past.

Safe travels everyone.

starskate6.0
04-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Driving up tomorrow 8 hours . New convertible ..:) should be fun..
I love the drive up there especially the last 3 hours in the beautiful woods..
See you all there..

lovepairs
04-06-2008, 08:05 PM
It was a spectacular drive up today, and, yes, those last three hours are amazing! Plenty of sun and plenty of snow still up here, too! Dress warm and see you tomorrow! :P

Lake Placid=Heavan on Earth!

starskate6.0
04-06-2008, 08:08 PM
cold or not ... I don't care..:lol: This car is too cool not to drive with the top down......see you there..

lovepairs
04-07-2008, 07:21 AM
Okay, we'll defrost you when you get up here! :D

flo
04-07-2008, 10:32 AM
Hi,
One of our roomies dropped out, and we have an extra room in our house. PM me if you're interested.

herniated
04-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Can't wait to meet all of you for the first time. I'll be in on Thursday for Fridays ladies III artistic groupA. Moonlight Sonata is my music.

I will be with my husband and son (9yr old). Me and the hubby are under 5'4" and he kind of looks like a chubby Scott Hamilton!! :lol: I'm not chubby lol :lol: and have been told in the past I look like Linda Hamilton (terminator chick)and we all have blue eyes and dark hair (Hub has well.. like none). Sooo, if any of you recognize us Pleeeassseee say hello!! The hubby has vowed to drink wine all weekend too. So, if you see a guy staggering and fitting the above description that's my husband!

Safe trip to all.