View Full Version : Which skater would you mostly want to be able to skate as?

FSWer
03-30-2008, 08:12 PM
Ok Kids!!!!! I have always wanted to be able to skate like my fav. skater,and I was wondering who YOU all would want to be able to skate as if you wanted too? For me....I'd LOOOOOOOOOOVE to have Kimmie's skating!!!!!! Ok,what about you? GO!!!!

SynchroSk8r114
03-31-2008, 08:05 AM
For dance, it'd definitely be Tanith Belbin for her grace and expression. For freestyle...probably Mao Asada for her superb jumps and flexibility or perhaps Joanie Rochette for her split jumps and spins.

looplover
03-31-2008, 08:32 AM
Sasha Cohen, except that I already share her ability to psych herself out and I don't want either one of us to have that one...

flutzilla1
03-31-2008, 10:55 AM
Michelle Kwan, because right now my FS style most closely resembles Trixie Shuba's....:??

jskater49
03-31-2008, 11:16 AM
Dorothy Hamil - her posture, her edges, her poise...that's who I try to think about when I skate

Bill_S
03-31-2008, 01:18 PM
I'd like to be any of the stylish singles skaters that move like ice dancers - Patrick Chan, Jeffrey Buttle, Matt Savoie, etc.

The jumps they fail to do don't bother me much. I am just wowed at the way they move across the ice.

If that's not possible, then make me into an ice dancer.

GordonSk8erBoi
03-31-2008, 02:30 PM
I'd like to be any of the stylish singles skaters that move like ice dancers - Patrick Chan, Jeffrey Buttle, Matt Savoie, etc.

The jumps they fail to do don't bother me much. I am just wowed at the way they move across the ice.

If that's not possible, then make me into an ice dancer.

I'm surprised you didn't mention Weir or... ack, what's his name, the Canadian skater from a couple/3 years ago who was very fluid and VERY inconsistent?

renatele
03-31-2008, 03:32 PM
Gordon, did you have Emanuel Sandhu in mind?

(as for me... I'd kill to have Scott Hamilton's or Kurt Browning's footwork. Alas, even in my dreams my feet aren't that quick)

Pandora
03-31-2008, 05:12 PM
Irina Slutskaya....because she jumped like a kangaroo!! :D

Bill_S
03-31-2008, 07:11 PM
I'm surprised you didn't mention Weir or... ack, what's his name, the Canadian skater from a couple/3 years ago who was very fluid and VERY inconsistent?

I had the same 'ack' moment trying to think of Eman's name! Did a brief search on the web, came up empty-handed, and decided to post the short list. (Thanks, Renatele, for refreshing what's left of my memory!)

Weir's skating has gone from lyrical to ... well, just skating around between jumps and spins. I agree though that I'd love to skate like Weir did a couple years ago.

sexyskates
03-31-2008, 07:33 PM
I would love to have the grace and flow of Johnny Weir and Michelle Kwan.

kayskate
03-31-2008, 08:03 PM
Overall edge quality of Dorothy.
Spins like Lucinda.
Jumps like Shizuka. I'll take her spirals and Ina Bauer too.

Kay

Scarlett
04-01-2008, 07:31 AM
I would love to have the grace and consistency of Michelle Kwan and Kristi Yamaguchi in her pro years.

RoaringSkates
04-01-2008, 11:48 AM
I my dreams, I'd skate like Jayne Torvill. But that's not likely to happen. But I'd love to have her edges and flow.

jazzpants
04-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Dorothy Hamill style for her grace and fluid skating and that lovely layback.
Kurt Browning's footwork (though I'll be happy to take Yagudin's or Plushy's too...)
Spins of Lucinda Ruh.
Reliability of Brain Boitano!!! :bow:
Showmanship and "skate from the heart" of Michelle Kwan!!! Edge quality and flow too!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

JazzySkate
04-01-2008, 05:00 PM
Kristie Yamaguchi - artistic from fingers to toes and she can skate to anything.
Dorothy Hamill - artistry, posture, edges.
Scotty - good sense of humor in his characterizations.
Paul Wylie - I'd kill for his inside Spreads.
Yuka Sato - another very artistic skater, good posture.

flo
04-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Dorothy Hamill.
And she's a lovely person as well.

blackmanskating
04-03-2008, 02:26 PM
I would love to be able to skate like Johnny Weir or Daisuke Takahashi. To me they are the best example of equal balance between artistry and athleticism. Honorable mention goes to Jeff Buttle.

BlackManSkating

GordonSk8erBoi
04-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Gordon, did you have Emanuel Sandhu in mind?

(as for me... I'd kill to have Scott Hamilton's or Kurt Browning's footwork. Alas, even in my dreams my feet aren't that quick)

Yes, that's exactly who I was thinking of, thanks!

cecealias
04-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Ekaterina Gordeeva.