View Full Version : What was the first move you asked your Learn to Skate Coach to teach you?

FSWer
03-27-2008, 10:18 PM
Ok Kids!!!!!! It's time to please tell me what the first move was that you asked your Learn to Skate Coach to teach you. For me.....I asked her to teach me a Spial. LOL,though I never actually got to learning it. Ok Kids....GO!!!!!

FlyAndCrash
03-27-2008, 11:19 PM
I don't think I ever asked my LTS coach to teach me anything. We always worked on what the group needed to do. And there usually isn't time to work on what one person might want.

There is one girl in my pre-alpha class that continually requests to do swizzles though...

With my private coach, I got with her specifically to get my axel consistant. So we worked on that, a lot. But she did choose most of the things we did, including getting me to test through prelimiary free and moves without any real inclination on my part. :giveup: Now, she lets me choose which jump I want to work on out of the two or three that I am currently working on.

jskater49
03-28-2008, 03:35 PM
The first thing I remember needing extra help with was back 3 turns. Back then they were in Basic 5. Smart move taking them out - what are they in FS 1 now?

j

Muskoka Skater
03-28-2008, 03:51 PM
I think the first thing I asked was "how do I jump?" I was only 5 so I had no clue what the jumps were called!

kayskate
03-29-2008, 07:51 AM
I was about 6 and asked my teacher how to spin on the toe pick. I thought spins were done on the toe. She showed me a 1-foot spin and taught the class a basic 2foot spin.

Kay

Sessy
03-29-2008, 08:31 AM
Our coach usually lets us pick what we do the last 5 minutes of group class. I rarely ask for anything but last lesson, one of the girls asked about a flying spin. I got like 1 rev lol... :mrgreen:

I asked about a 1-foot stop once. Ended up actually being able to do it, too.

smelltheice
03-29-2008, 09:00 AM
I wanted to work as a pair from day 1 and as it happened, my coach was an adagio pair skater