View Full Version : Rhinestone Applicator

Ice Dancer
03-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Has anyone here used the Kandi Kane Professional Applicator Wand? I am about to take the plunge and apply my own rhinestones, and I've come across this applicator. Would you recommend it if you have used it, and if not what would you recommend instead?

AxelBaby
03-24-2008, 05:15 PM
I have it and love it.

Super easy to use and stones go on quickly. My only thought is that you need to be careful if you are using it on some kinds of mesh material. If the mesh is really fine it may melt the material. So just try it in a hidden spot first.

Also I have found that some of the stones I put on fell off after a few wearings but I just spend a couple minutes replacing them before I know I am going to wear it again.

Skate@Delaware
03-24-2008, 09:45 PM
Here is a tip to try: back your fabric with a piece of cardboard covered with that Reynolds wrap foil the kind that doesn't stick (can't remember what it's called)...keeps everything from sticking, including the glue if it seeps through!

The stones will fall off if you heat your stone up too long. If your tip is heated up properly, it should not take long for the glue to melt, just a few seconds.

sk8_4fun
03-25-2008, 07:31 AM
I have one, I used to apply those sparkly things to the T-shirt I gave you!:roll: lol!

Its pretty easy to use. :)