View Full Version : Which skaters would you love to train...and why?

FSWer
03-20-2008, 06:51 PM
Ok Kids!!! I've asked you what skaters you would love to have train you....Now it's time to please tell me which skaters YOU yourself would love to train if you could...and why? For me...Give me Kimmie Meissner,Ashley Wagner,Emily Hughes,and Rachael Flatt to train ANYTIME!!!!! I know we'd all become great friends too. As there some of my fav. skaters. Ok Kids....GO!!!!!

winziped
03-20-2008, 08:38 PM
Danielle Kahle, Kimmie Meissner,Ashley Wagner, susanna poikyo

jskater49
03-21-2008, 06:12 AM
Well at the risk of sounding ridiculis that I would train elite skaters and assuming I was a coach of that caliber...

I would break all these skaters of breaking at the waist to do back crossovers....

Brian Boitano, Katarina Witt, Caryn Kadavy, Irina Slutskya, Sasha Cohen and Kimmie Meisner.

And I would fix Emily Hughes habit of bending way over when she does her spiral.

And there's a little boy in our rink who keeps his arms down when he skates and I'd fix that too.

j

Skate@Delaware
03-21-2008, 08:32 AM
Ok, I'm going WAY out on a limb...I would love to train up a HOCKEY PLAYER!!! I've been trying to recruit one to be my pairs partner, but his wife has mixed feelings about us skating together (despite the fact that we are BOTH married, just to other people and we both don't have the time nor inclination for anything except skating together once a week).

This guy in very nice, and has great skating abilities and he is very strong (as in he has no trouble lifting me). We did skate together a few times and we do look good together. I told him he would be able to stay in hockey skates for another year or two...until we started jumping. AND NO leotards for him!!!

Oh well...I keep asking him. Maybe one day I will break him down. I even offered to let him teach me hockey (yeah this time I would pad up).

kayskate
03-21-2008, 10:28 AM
I would like to train anyone who has some ability and can absorb my teaching. Presently, I work w mostly beginners and low FS. Low FS is fine. I enjoy teaching it but I would like to work w students who have more ability and are more serious than the kids I have now.

I also teach adult classes and have worked w some adults who have ability. I would like to train an adult who is serious about skating.

Kay