View Full Version : Autograph

jskater49
03-16-2008, 08:19 PM
DD passed her Rocker Foxtrot this weekend, but that's not what this is about.

She had a beautiful dress on and all made up and there is a swimming pool in the building where the rink is and there were a couple of little girls who came to swim and got caught up watching my daughter skate and they came up to her afterwards and asked for her autograph! It was so cute.

j

dbny
03-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Icing on the cake!

Skittl1321
03-17-2008, 07:35 AM
How fun! She must have done a great job to warrant an autograph session. Tell her congratulations!

icedancer2
03-17-2008, 11:25 AM
Isn't the Rocker the one she tested before and got a retry and then the judge helped show her what she needed to do to make it pass? Congratulations on the pass!

Your story reminds me of a friend of ine who was an adult skater - he and his coach were at Skate America sitting in the stands and a little girl came up and asked him for his autograph. He looked at his coach like, "What do I do now?" She said, "Go ahead and sign it!" so he did. They both still chuckle about it now wondering if she brought it back to her parents and they are saying, "Who is THAT??"

I'm sure your daughter will always remember that autograph!:lol:

smelltheice
03-17-2008, 12:49 PM
That is really cool that she got asked for her pawprint (UK slang). I occasionally get asked if I am a professional when I am on public sessions but that is it really:bow:

jskater49
03-17-2008, 01:53 PM
Isn't the Rocker the one she tested before and got a retry and then the judge helped show her what she needed to do to make it pass? Congratulations on the pass!

Yes, and we got a new coach and she tested again in January and she had one of the same judges and SHE passed her but the other two didn't over really picky things, when her Rocker was good. This time, she was back with a flat Rocker again but only one judge and he gave her a 3.4 on technique and 3.6 on expression. She's just glad to be done with that dance.

Except that she's doing the Rocker Foxtrot for the our Show Dance number.

j