View Full Version : Which one would you be if you could to skate with other skaters?

FSWer
03-16-2008, 07:49 PM
Ok Kids!!!!! Which one would you be if you could to skate with other skaters?

doubletoe
03-17-2008, 12:39 AM
FSwer, how about you? Which one would you be? :)

jazzpants
03-17-2008, 01:19 AM
Competition-wise, I prefer to skate alone! (Okay, if he's a hottie... then I would go with ice dancing. :halo: ) But in general, if I were to skate with other skaters, it would be amongst friends at a public or FS session! :mrgreen:

I will say though that my primary coach has TRIED some pairs moves on me just to get me to adjust my body position. (Like pairs spirals and camels... and alternating forward crossovers in Killian hold if you count that.) Of course, except for the forward crossovers, it ends up scaring the beejeevies outta me!!! 8O :giveup:

Skittl1321
03-17-2008, 07:34 AM
I'd love to have been a pairs skater. But it's too late for that to happen.

There is a chance I could ice dance, but right now it isn't really something I'm interested in. I am a synchro skater- so I didn't choose it. This is a "what if" thread, not a "what is" one.

Sessy
03-17-2008, 09:13 AM
If I could, I'd be skating in every type of skating and never get off the ice at all. Unfortunately, health, money and other parts of life don't allow for such luxuries.

Also the one thing I noticed is that apart from jumps, my forte is in edges, power and looking good on the ice (hey for somebody skating 2 years, I do look good on the ice - at least the coach claims I do) and I think edges are a great deal of fun so I've been thinking of taking up ice dance as a summer activity, once a week, during those 6 month summer breaks. Once a week it's not a big deal to drive very far. But it won't happen this summer, since my physiotherapist told me to take it easy - but perhaps the summer after that, I will. Besides I used to dance, so ice dance is probably closest to that.

Mrs Redboots
03-17-2008, 12:49 PM
I already am an ice dancer!

looplover
03-17-2008, 01:19 PM
I voted ice dance - I'd love to do that someday. I can't afford (and don't have time) to do both that and freestyle right now so freestyle wins because I like to jump. But more and more I'd like to learn ice dance as well.

FSWer
03-17-2008, 06:44 PM
FSwer, how about you? Which one would you be? :)

LOL,I voted Synchronized Skater. As I'm really obsessed with it. But I'd love to do Pairs too. Although I didn't mark it. I'm just as obsessed with it too.

singerskates
03-17-2008, 09:40 PM
I won't be skating with a partner unless it is for testing purposes and that would be in ice dance. For competition, I like to skate alone. In a show, I also like to skate alone but have also skated as part of a group.

I couldn't vote as there wasn't the choice, none of the above.

samba
03-18-2008, 09:09 AM
I'd love to have been a pairs skater. But it's too late for that to happen.

Uh!! I started pairs at age 45 and we did competitive pair skating together for 7 years.

Skittl1321
03-18-2008, 09:13 AM
Uh!! I started pairs at age 45 and we did competitive pair skating together for 7 years.

Not due to age- I broke my neck in high school. I can't risk a bad fall, and that's way more likely to happen in pairs than in singles (especially the wussy way I skate)

samba
03-18-2008, 09:18 AM
Not due to age- I broke my neck in high school. I can't risk a bad fall, and that's way more likely to happen in pairs than in singles (especially the wussy way I skate)

In that case, very sensible of you, and skate/wussy just dont go together it takes GUTS and loads of em to skate. Speaking of broken necks, I cant believe this lady didnt break hers:

http://www.shoutfile.com/v/YAX3zX48/Norwegian_Celebrity_Horribly_Faceplants_on_Ice

PS What happened to you?

Skittl1321
03-18-2008, 09:23 AM
In that case, very sensible of you, and skate/wussy just dont go together it takes GUTS and loads of em to skate. Speaking of broken necks, I cant believe this lady didnt break hers:

http://www.shoutfile.com/v/YAX3zX48/Norwegian_Celebrity_Horribly_Faceplants_on_Ice

PS What happened to you?

I couldn't bring myself to open the link...

I was in a freak accident paintballing- essentially someone jumped on top of me and I fractured C5 and the bone hit my spinal cord. I had C5 removed, replaced with a piece of hip bone and fused to C4-C6. The small hole in my spinal cord has very minimal effects, and overall I was SO lucky. I have slightly less than normal range of motion, and hopefully it won't deteroriate too quickly as I get older...

samba
03-18-2008, 09:25 AM
You are one LUCKY LADY, and have my total respect to take up skating, wus you aint.