View Full Version : is anyone having problems watching videos on Ice Network?

looplover
03-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Grr - it lets me log in, but when I click on "watch video" it tells me I have to be a subscriber.

I AM a subscriber!

I'm on hold w/tech support right now and they are mystified. I cleared out my cache and everything, and tried 2 different browsers.

daisies
03-11-2008, 06:33 PM
That happened to me, too, but then I noticed there were no videos posted yet for Mids and Coast. If you go to Easterns, you'll see there are individual videos posted. Click on those, and you will get video. Do not click the link at the top of the page -- it is only for subscribing. Click on the individual event videos.

looplover
03-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Even worse - they said the screen says my subcription ended 3/7, but in another place they have a record that I'm a subscriber...grr. They had to send a request to management, hope they fix it soon...:x

badaxel
03-11-2008, 07:19 PM
I'm having trouble too! I can't watch Easterns, but I can watch old stuff. What's going on?

Terri C
03-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Me three....
Maybe I'm better off waiting until Friday night when I know I can watch and enjoy the videos uninterrupted with peanuts and beer.

looplover
03-11-2008, 08:04 PM
Hey, I can watch old ones too! Well, that's annoying. The help desk was no help - at one point they told me I only had a season pass so it must have expired in december (that was weird).

I like the peanuts and beer idea.

icedancer2
03-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Strange - I had absolutely no trouble... Unless that was Easterns from Last year!
Hmmm going to find out... later....

phoenix
03-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Yep I tried watching synchro mids & junior worlds today--tells me I have to subscribe, which I already have. Very annoying! :frus:

icedancer2
03-11-2008, 11:47 PM
I had no problem looking at them again - I just went to the results page and hit "Watch Video" next to the event I wanted to see and there it was - with the usual weird stops and starts but that is probably my internet (wireless) connection more than anything related to icenetwork.

Also delighted to see some photos of PCAS but was a little irritated how California-centric the pictures were - I think all of the photos were of California skaters... friends of the photographer? How about some local people... well, maybe they weren't all from California but I didn't see anyone I knew personally in the photos!

herniated
03-12-2008, 07:13 AM
Yeah, I'm having trouble too watching. It says I have to subscribe and of course... I have already subscribed!!! :frus: Hope they put up pics from Easterns too.

Isk8NYC
03-12-2008, 07:21 AM
Same story here; I sent their support group an email message and got a response from Major League Baseball (MLB) with an ID and password that is useless.

Guess we're all getting extensions on our subscriptions since they screwed up so many people.

daisies
03-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Also delighted to see some photos of PCAS but was a little irritated how California-centric the pictures were - I think all of the photos were of California skaters... friends of the photographer? How about some local people... well, maybe they weren't all from California but I didn't see anyone I knew personally in the photos!
Those pictures were taken by a competitor at PCAS and were meant to be for personal use, of people from her California-based club. So, yeah, they were friends with the photographer! It was only after she sent them around to her friends that she thought maybe icenetwork would want to post some photos. I'm sure if anyone else did the same thing, icenetwork would post their photos too.

Debbie S
03-12-2008, 03:18 PM
I logged in this morning and didn't have a problem. Although Champ Gold Ladies at Easterns is not up yet, and neither are any of the events at Mids or Pacs. When you click on "watch video" a login screen pops up b/c you have to log in first, but after I typed in my login info, the video screen came up and it started playing.

icedancer2
03-12-2008, 03:26 PM
Those pictures were taken by a competitor at PCAS and were meant to be for personal use, of people from her California-based club. So, yeah, they were friends with the photographer! It was only after she sent them around to her friends that she thought maybe icenetwork would want to post some photos. I'm sure if anyone else did the same thing, icenetwork would post their photos too.

Well, then - that is great that icenetwork is open to that!

Yea icenetwork!!

I didn't take any pictures, but if I'd known icenetwork would take them I would do that too. Good to know.

saras
03-12-2008, 03:47 PM
Grr - it lets me log in, but when I click on "watch video" it tells me I have to be a subscriber.

I AM a subscriber!

I'm on hold w/tech support right now and they are mystified. I cleared out my cache and everything, and tried 2 different browsers.

but I got on a little bit ago and watched some.

herniated
03-12-2008, 07:34 PM
I got on too.

looplover
03-13-2008, 05:04 AM
Me too! YAY

MusicSkateFan
03-13-2008, 06:45 AM
I think they had to re-post the vids. When I first tried I think they had all the champ events posted(easterns) but I couldn't watch any. Then yesterday they only had Masters Ladies and Gold men(Eastern's AKA Easton's) and everything worked fine!