View Full Version : New to the forum - hello

onlyhappyonice
03-11-2008, 08:43 AM
Hi everyone

I'm matt, 27

been skating for around about a year now, after a few sessions of falling over I seriously caught the bug now all I want to do is skate. I've started having lessons with my partner and have been put into the skate UK grade 7 which I'm currently working on now.

I'm working on perfecting three turns ( I find outside edge easier ), backwards crossovers, mohawks. I'm a confident skater and am having to sack off my hockeys for a pair of black figure skates as I find they help my balance when practicing.

So hello one and all :)

Ice Dancer
03-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Hi there!

We all understand totally!!

Welcome to the forum.

SynchroSk8r114
03-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Welcome to the boards! :D

Mrs Redboots
03-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Hi everyone

I'm matt, 27

been skating for around about a year now, after a few sessions of falling over I seriously caught the bug now all I want to do is skate. I've started having lessons with my partner and have been put into the skate UK grade 7 which I'm currently working on now.

Hi, Matt, and welcome! Which rink do you skate at? There are more and more British skaters on this board; for me, one of the joys of skating has been the number of international friends I have made!

onlyhappyonice
03-11-2008, 06:15 PM
And just got back, well an hour ago from another lesson :D

Whoo.... consider the mohawk nailed, just needs tidying up but very happy with it, and finally began to crack my backwards crossover going counter clockwise which is my weaker side alas

but yet again loved every minute on the ice

oh and I live in the midlands so I take my lessons at a small rink in bridgetown near cannock, go session skating at tamworth snowdome and occasionally telford rink in shropshire.

Muskoka Skater
03-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Welcome, and I hope you enjoy the forum as much as the rest of us!

Isk8NYC
03-11-2008, 06:49 PM
Welcome to skatingforums.com!

Helen88
03-12-2008, 09:38 AM
Welcome!

Ugh, 3-turns are a nightmare, right? It took me months to crack them. I got there in the end though!! It always helps me to focus on the arms and remember not to really think (contradiction of terms lol) about the feet. Otherwise I stiffen up and just slip everywhere.

onlyhappyonice
03-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Well we started two weeks ago with three turns, can do them probably about 80% of the time, keeping my leg up and out after the turn is an issue for me as I usually last about 2-3 seconds before I have to put it down, not sure why as a mohawk and other turns I can keep my foot up and travel on whatever edge for pretty much a full wide circle... I'm sure it's just a confidence thing but still ... will keep working on them.