View Full Version : What skaters have you competed aganst?

FSWer
03-09-2008, 09:04 PM
Say,I hope this is not too personal. But which skaters has everyone here competed aganst?

Clarice
03-09-2008, 10:00 PM
Even if I could remember who all of them were, you wouldn't know any of them anyway. Since most of us here are not high level skaters, odds are we haven't competed against skaters you would have heard of.

kander
03-09-2008, 10:47 PM
Say,I hope this is not too personal. But which skaters has everyone here competed aganst?

Although she obviously didn't compete against him, I think my sister skated in the same competition as Scott Hamilton. (hoping I'm not dating myself too much here 8O ) Michael Seibert also competed in the area at the same time.

jazzpants
03-09-2008, 11:28 PM
I've competed WITH (never against) Thin-Ice last November in artistic!!! :)

SynchroSk8r114
03-10-2008, 07:10 AM
I did not compete against her, but Kimimie Meissner was at (I think it was the 1999) South Atlantic Regionals at my old hometown rink. She competed a level or two higher than me, and I don't think she was anywhere near famous then, but it's really interesting to look back at the program and see her. She looks exactly the same as now, just a little older.

The same competiton is also where Johnnie Weir was competing. He was only up against a few other men and may have also competed pairs, if I remember correctly. (I'll have to check on that.) But, of course, no one knew who he was yet. Still, it's really cool to see that they skated at the same competition I did.