View Full Version : mitf changes?

xofivebyfive
03-09-2008, 07:13 PM
I heard from a friend at the rink that they are completely changing all the moves levels except prepreliminary, is this true? And if it is, do you know what changes they are making and when?

phoenix
03-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Last time I saw, the changes start at Juvenile, & there are one or two new/revised elements in each level thereafter.

They are voting on these at GC this year (May), and if approved the changes will take effect Sept. 1st of this year. Which should give me great motivation to try & get through Int. before then!

Here is the link to the proposed changes:
http://www.usfigureskating.org/Shell.asp?sid=37811

coskater64
03-09-2008, 08:05 PM
What I heard was the moves being changed are from Juv up but the changes won't take place until Sept of 2009. Of course we will see at GC in May what actually happens.

8O

Kim to the Max
03-09-2008, 08:29 PM
I best be passing these Intermediate moves before they change them on me again!! (I first learned them when the bracket-3-bracket pattern was on Intermediate and not Novice)...Here's to keeping my fingers crossed for next Sunday!!!

icedancer2
03-09-2008, 09:14 PM
I spoke with someone today who was in the know and the Moves changes are not being proposed to come into effect until September 2009- there is just too much to negotiate to have it before then (phew!)

vesperholly
03-09-2008, 09:45 PM
Oh, please September 2009!

phoenix
03-09-2008, 10:04 PM
I spoke with someone today who was in the know and the Moves changes are not being proposed to come into effect until September 2009- there is just too much to negotiate to have it before then (phew!)

Phew is right!! Sounds like I had it wrong--I'm so glad!

ibreakhearts66
03-10-2008, 12:00 AM
hmmm i wonder if i can test ALL my moves before them. i know i could pass through intermediate right now... cuz man, those power-pull/loop moves seem reeeaally hard. i can do the loops, but i've tried them in that pattern, it would take me like 5 years to get them up to test standard.

jenlyon60
03-10-2008, 05:05 AM
The current schedule for GC includes a seminar covering the proposed MITF changes.

Wonder if the Novice MIF demonstrated is in addition to the current Novice MIF elements, or to replace one of them. It definitely seems like Novice is already the longest of the MIF tests (7 elements, 2 of which are performed both CCW and CW).

SynchroSk8r114
03-10-2008, 07:03 AM
Thought many of you still working on those MITF would be interested in seeing some of the proposed moves in these clips released by the USFS:

http://www.usfsa.org/Shell.asp?sid=37811

Seeing those makes me thankful that I've been done with my MITF! Now I only have to worry about learning these new patterns to teach them to my students ("only"...ha!) 8O

vesperholly
03-10-2008, 12:15 PM
The current schedule for GC includes a seminar covering the proposed MITF changes.

Wonder if the Novice MIF demonstrated is in addition to the current Novice MIF elements, or to replace one of them. It definitely seems like Novice is already the longest of the MIF tests (7 elements, 2 of which are performed both CCW and CW).

I would think the bracket/twizzle sequence would replace the bracket/3/bracket.

coskater64
03-10-2008, 12:44 PM
The bracket 3 bracket will have the twizzle on the Novice, and my coach said they may have gotten rid of the back loops, but yeah never know. The Jr has one addition to an existing move, I think. We'll all know after GC.:D