View Full Version : Where have you competed?

FSWer
03-06-2008, 11:42 AM
Ok....I'm hoping this is not a personal or private thing. Someone please correct me if it is. Because I don't think this has ever been talked about. At least in a topic. But were have all our on Ice Skaters who compete competed? Please include Discipline(s),what country you competed in,level you competed in the competition at,and name of competition.

SynchroSk8r114
03-06-2008, 12:00 PM
For singles (freestyle and dance):
Pennsylvania
Ohio
Indiana
Massachusettes
New York
Delaware

For synchro:
Virginia (2008 Eastern Silver medalists here!)
Rhode Island
Michigan

At least those are the places I can remember over my thirteen years of skating, LOL!

Rusty Blades
03-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Pre-Introductory Interpretive,
Canadian Adult Championships,
Calgary, Alberta,
March 2007

Introductory Interpretive
Manitoba Super Skate
Winnipeg, Manitoba
November 2007

entered in
Introductory Interpretive &
Bronze Freeskate
Canadian Adult Championships
Brampton, Ontario
April 2008

Not an extensive record but I have only been skating 25 months.

Mrs Redboots
03-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Dance, artistic, couples artistic, show number, improvisation:
Bracknell (England)

Dance, artistic (Interp)
Dunkerque (France)
Villard-de-Lans (France)

Dance only:
Bristol (England)
Dumfries (Scotland)
Lee Valley (England)
Le Havre (France)
Oxford (England)
Sheffield (England)
Swindon (England)
Tallinn (Estonia)

Artistic (interp) and Couples Artistic only:
Streatham (England)

Recreational Dance and Artistic:
Bordeaux (France)

Recreational Dance only:
Alexandra Palace (England)
Chelmsford (England)
Gillingham (England)
Guildford (England)
Queen's Ice Bowl (England)
Slough (England)

I'm sure I've missed somewhere, but can't think.... Did I ever do Basingstoke, or did I just go and watch? I can't remember.

jskater49
03-06-2008, 03:15 PM
freestyle and dance

Omaha, NE
Edina, MN
Sioux Center, IA
Cedar Rapids, IA
Davenport, IA
Ames, IA

j

coskater64
03-06-2008, 03:22 PM
Freestyle and Dance-over last 6 years

all over Colorado
Ohio
Michigan
Kansas
New York (NYC and LP)
Texas
Germany
France
Virginia
Pennsylvania
Illinois
Minnesota
Nevada
California
Utah

also skated in the UK but just went to work with a coach I knew and hang out with a friend.

Need to go skate in Canada, and make more of the Adult European comps.8O

Clarice
03-06-2008, 03:22 PM
Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Wisconsin - multiple places in each of those states.

flo
03-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Mass.
NJ
PA.
VA.
GA.
MI.

All the Adult Nationals
France

TreSk8sAZ
03-06-2008, 03:50 PM
Freeskate, Dance and Artistic in varying competitions and forms in the following places:

Tucson, AZ
Peoria, AZ
Chandler, AZ
Tempe, AZ
Scottsdale, AZ
Oakland, CA
Culver City, CA
Dallas, TX

This weekend: Portland, OR
April: Lake Placid, NY

CanAmSk8ter
03-06-2008, 03:55 PM
All over New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
All over Massachusetts
Rhode Island
Virgina/DC
Georgia
Texas
Indiana

I think that's it...

Muskoka Skater
03-06-2008, 04:35 PM
Port Carling, Ontario
Bala, Ontario
North Bay, Ontario
Sudbury, Ontario
Barrie, Ontario
South River, Ontario
Powasson, Ontario
Gravenhurst, Ontario
Hunstville, Ontario
Midland, Ontario
Parry Sound, Ontario
There is another place but I don't remember at the moment

jcookie1982
03-06-2008, 04:49 PM
synchro:
Michigan
Rhode Island

techskater
03-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Singles:
Michigan (Wyandotte, Garden City, Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids, Port Huron, Lansing, probably more I can't think of)
Ohio (Cincinnati, Cleveland and suburbs, Kent, Bowling Green)
Illinois (Vernon Hills, Buffalo Grove, Southport, and many, many more)
Iowa (Quad Cities)
Minnesota (several spots around the twin cities)
Colorado (Colorado Springs)
New York (Lake Placid)
Florida
Texas
Canada (Windsor)

herniated
03-06-2008, 05:57 PM
Let's see...
New York, New York
Hauppauge, NY
Lake Grove, NY
Dix Hills, NY
Hickville, NY
Dallas, Texas
Monclair, NJ
Flushing Meadows, NY
Lake Placid, NY
Wayne, NJ (this weekend)

Skate@Delaware
03-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Wow! I need to get out more!

I only compete singles (can't seem to find a partner or one willing to trade in their hockey skates *toepick*)

Pennsylvania
Maryland

flying~camel
03-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Oak Lawn, IL
Crestwood, IL
Homewood, IL
Glenview, IL
Chicago, IL
Skokie, IL
Niles, IL
Bensenville, IL
Rockford, IL
Grand Rapids, MI
Wyandotte, MI
Indianapolis, IN
Cincinnati, OH
Minneapolis, MN
Dallas, TX

After this weekend, Ann Arbor, MI
After ANs, Lake Placid, NY

FSWer
03-06-2008, 06:41 PM
For singles (freestyle and dance):
Pennsylvania
Ohio
Indiana
Massachusettes
New York
Delaware

For synchro:
Virginia (2008 Eastern Silver medalists here!)
Rhode Island
Michigan

At least those are the places I can remember over my thirteen years of skating, LOL!

Say,before we go on. Could someone please explain the difference between just a one time Medalist (in this case Silver) and an Eastern Silver Medalist? Thanks.

SynchroSk8r114
03-06-2008, 07:10 PM
Say,before we go on. Could someone please explain the difference between just a one time Medalist (in this case Silver) and an Eastern Silver Medalist? Thanks.

In this case, my team medaled at the 2008 Eastern Sectionals Synchronized Skating Championship. Eastern is my region or "section" of the U.S. Other regions include Midwest, Pacific, etc. Basically, my synchro team winning the silver medal at Easterns means that, of out our division or level, we were the second best team out of all the synchro teams competing in the eastern region of the U.S.

If I get what you're asking, a "one time medalist" may mean that you once won the silver medal at a, say...local competition. Easterns is a much bigger deal of a competition because typically more teams compete there and those teams that are eligible (not open teams) are competing for a chance to go to Nationals in which synchro teams from all over the U.S. regardless of whatever region they'd represent at Sectionals (the Eastern competition, for example).

FSWer
03-06-2008, 08:10 PM
In this case, my team medaled at the 2008 Eastern Sectionals Synchronized Skating Championship. Eastern is my region or "section" of the U.S. Other regions include Midwest, Pacific, etc. Basically, my synchro team winning the silver medal at Easterns means that, of out our division or level, we were the second best team out of all the synchro teams competing in the eastern region of the U.S.

If I get what you're asking, a "one time medalist" may mean that you once won the silver medal at a, say...local competition. Easterns is a much bigger deal of a competition because typically more teams compete there and those teams that are eligible (not open teams) are competing for a chance to go to Nationals in which synchro teams from all over the U.S. regardless of whatever region they'd represent at Sectionals (the Eastern competition, for example).

So if it's a competition that is Easterns or something. Then we say a skater or Team is a Eastern or Western Medalist,rigt?

jazzpants
03-06-2008, 08:18 PM
WOW!!! I need to get out more!!! :P

I've only competed in the San Francisco Bay Area (San Francisco primarily but once at Sectionals in Oakland.) Can't afford to travel much... but Lake Placid, NY will soon be on my list of places I've competed at.

Mel On Ice
03-06-2008, 08:29 PM
Michigan, Missouri, Ohio, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, Texas, Colorado, Nevada, Minnesota and California. I will be adding New York to the list soon.

SynchroSk8r114
03-06-2008, 08:34 PM
So if it's a competition that is Easterns or something. Then we say a skater or Team is a Eastern or Western Medalist,rigt?

Sure can. I think you get it now! :)

Mrs Redboots
03-07-2008, 11:56 AM
WOW!!! I need to get out more!!! :P

I've only competed in the San Francisco Bay Area (San Francisco primarily but once at Sectionals in Oakland.) Can't afford to travel much... but Lake Placid, NY will soon be on my list of places I've competed at.
Yeah, but don't forget, most of the rinks in the South of England that I've competed at would probably fit comfortably into the Bay Area with room to spare....