View Full Version : Weekend Ice Dance Sessions in Massachusetts

Zoomana
02-29-2008, 10:02 AM
I was wondering if anyone knew of any weekend walk-on/public ice dance sessions in Massachusetts (i.e., you don't have to belong to the club). I know about Skating Club of Boston and Colonial Figure Skating Club, anything else? Desperate for ice dance time! Level: no test adult. Thanks.

icedancer2
02-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Sunday night - Hayden Recreation Center in Lexington. I heard they still have a dance session at 9 pm.

Kelli
03-02-2008, 04:47 PM
Hayden Sunday night dance is at 7:45, and it's a group lesson, not walk-on. Also, Hayden has about the strictest membership rules of any rink. The group class is pretty good, and it will prepare you for USFSA testing if you're interested.

icedancer2
03-02-2008, 06:44 PM
Well, it used to be a group class followed by a dance session which was a walk-on. You did not have to attend the lesson to go to the session, which was partly social and partly a bunch of lessons. Sounds like they have changed their policies.

Kelli
03-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Yup, I think Esprit De Corps has the ice at 9 after the dance class, at least they did when I was taking the class a year ago. There is an open dance session (but not on the weekends), and I'm not sure if the strict membership requirements apply.