View Full Version : Ice skates

SkatingFanatic!
02-28-2008, 11:50 AM
Has anyone got nay reccomendations?

I need a new pair!!

What make is your and how much are they?

And does anyone know any ice skating gear online websites?

Cheers x

Virtualsk8r
02-28-2008, 12:18 PM
Every foot is different ...so the best advice is get a pair of skates that fit your foot properly - snug, with enough support for your skating level and a good all purpose blade. There are lots of websites online for boots, and just a few blade companies. Best to find a pro shop where you can try on different boots and sizes to see what is best on your foot.

As for price - I know skaters with $2,000 blades/ boots and others with $200 boots - and both find their skates to be comfortable and serve the purpose.

If the boot is snug, the tongue is wide enough to fit around your ankle on each side without gaps and padded to your comfort level, the boot laces up snugly without binding and is sturdy enough so that you can't bend it side to side, but can flex forward and point your toes....and the blade is on straight -- you should be good to go.

smelltheice
02-28-2008, 12:41 PM
agreed with that. I have had Risport, Gam and am now in Klingbeil and I did pay £750 for boots and blades ($1500) but I will never grow out of them and will use them until they die. It really does depend on the fit of your feet firstly. Comfort is of paramount importance and next is the correct strength of boot for your weight and ability and a suitable blade for the level that you skate.
But I personally cam recommend Klingbeil and Harlick as high quality boots. Risport and Belati are in my experience virtually disposible boots and good for kids who will grow out of them as they are inexpensive

sk84ever&ever
03-11-2008, 08:13 PM
Any one experience the newer SP ultra lights? Do they hold up?