View Full Version : pulled groin/hip muscle

sk8_4fun
02-28-2008, 08:46 AM
I managed to fall out of a Foxtrot this morning and although it was a gentle fall and I got straight back up and carried on, I appear to have pulled something in the groin/ hip area along with a muscle in my butt. (I think I must have twisted more than I thought?? :roll: ) Its uncomfortable more than painful, I just catch it occasionally when I turn. The question is, should I rest it or work through it and keep it moving? I stress that its not a sharp pain and I was able to stretch out ok when I came off the ice but I'm not sure if it's wise to stop excercising it for a few days or to carry on unless its starts to hurt?

smelltheice
02-28-2008, 09:46 AM
I did this a few weeks ago getting ice fit again. It was just a warning that something was tight in my groin muscles so I did skate but it pulled with leg extension. In the morning, I really felt so I rested it for a couple of days to let it settle down and then warmed up slowly and stretched slowly with more care for a week and it was fine then.

I would see how it is in the morning and go from there. Hopefully, it was just a warning pain. Your body saying that this is a bit tight or not warmed up enough