View Full Version : Jackson skates

abbi_1990
02-28-2008, 03:13 AM
sorry, i always seem to be posting about different types of skates on here, i am still im my quest to find a pair of boots that actually fit my weird shaped feet lol.

What model of Jackson boot would you reccomend for a skater who:

Weighs: 95 pounds

Skates: 3x week for 1.5 hours each time (total 4.5 hrs/wk)

Level: Working on Silver and Gold passports and Level 1 field moves

Current skates: WIFA prima, coach is happy with this level of skate i.e. leather sole and right strength but the fit is causing me a lot of problems

Blade: Coach would like me to use a coronation ace or mk professional blade

Isk8NYC
02-28-2008, 06:26 AM
Jackson freestyles and MK Pro blade. Not terribly expensive, yet perfect for your current level and a decent amount beyond.

skaternum
02-28-2008, 08:11 AM
Could you explain more about your "weird shaped foot"? That might help with boot advice.

abbi_1990
02-28-2008, 09:29 AM
well, i have very small feet, 210mm long, but they are really wide (width = 82mm, circumference = 197 mm)

i pronate (flat feet)

the widest point of my foot is where my little toe is

at the moment, i am in a WIFA prima 34LL which is 1 size too long but its the right width i think, although, their size chart says that the 34LL is for a foot 225mm circumference, so maybe i could go a little narrower. my heel slips in the WIFA prima 34LL, but the width is comfortable at the ball and around my toes.

skaternum
02-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Then I agree with Isk8NYC. Jackson Freestyles would probably be good for you.

CanAmSk8ter
02-28-2008, 02:20 PM
Sounds a lot like the shape of my foot. Jacksons are the only stock boots I've found that work for me.

abbi_1990
02-28-2008, 02:30 PM
sounds good, the Freestyles were the ones i was thinking of but wasnt 100% sure. i was thinking about the competitors but i think they might be too stiff.

does anyone know what the difference is in a boot having a wide toe box and a boot having a wide ball area, or is it the same thing?

mikawendy
02-28-2008, 11:14 PM
I think that's the same thing, but I'm not 100% sure. Your fitter should know.

I also have triangular feet--size 5 in Jackson boots. I had trouble with my heels slipping in their stock boot (A heel and B ball), so I had them make the heel AA and the ball C in my next pair (because the B was pinching my foot even after being punched out as much as possible). It was an extra fee, but cheaper than getting customs, and it did the trick.

SkatingOnClouds
02-29-2008, 02:18 AM
Jacksons will make modifications to stock fittings if your feet require it. It is sort of a semi-custom boot. I am in Australia, here a modification costs about $80 AUS. Me, I have to pay for 2 x modifications to fit my feet :roll:
But it's cheaper than a full custom boot.

If your feet really don't fit stock sizes, that might be an option to consider.

abbi_1990
03-04-2008, 10:21 AM
well i bit the bullet and ordered the Jackson Freestyles in size 3C, they are in stock but i wont be collecting them untill the 13th of March because the place i am going to is far away from my house, and also it is in the town where i will be going to university in october so i am going to visit the univeristy accomodation and pick the skates up on the same day next week. hopefully i will get the chance to skate on the new skates at the rink that the proshop is in.....but they depends if my coccyx is all healed up or not.

wish me luck that they fit well and that i realise if they dont!!

abbi_1990
03-13-2008, 04:07 PM
well, i got the skates!

mixed feelings about them;

they are the perfect length :)

they are not really wide enough :( (but i can get them punched out after i have worn them for a few weeks to see if they will stretch enough)

they are super comfy everywhere else :)

i can straighten my knee properly so i can get a proper spiral position, and i can point my toes more :)