View Full Version : back on the ice :D

ibreakhearts66
02-28-2008, 12:00 AM
yep yep. I'm skating again. I can't jump or spin, so i'm doing lots of work on counters and rockers. So far it has been going pretty well. Today was actually my third day back, but I haven't had the opportunity to post until now. It's been really nice to be back. I've had a few scary moments, but for the most part it's been fine. I hate not being able to jump or spin, but i know I really need to work on the moves part of my skating anyways. so yeah, i'm back!

samba
02-28-2008, 02:47 AM
So glad you are back, well done and lets hope you go from strength to strength.

Sessy
02-28-2008, 02:56 AM
Gotta change your sig now ;)

Hey I know it sucks not to be able to work on all the cool stuff but think about how great your edges will be afterward!!!

SkatingOnClouds
02-28-2008, 02:59 AM
Glad to hear you are back on ice !
You need to change your signature to "counting the days til I can jump & spin".:lol:

It's great that you are back skating and able to focus on improving what you can do, rather than what you cannot yet work on. It's your body, it's worth taking things gently.

Helen88
02-28-2008, 04:14 AM
Great that you're back :) You'll be jumping and spinning before you know it!

Mrs Redboots
02-28-2008, 05:25 AM
So glad you're back. It's always great to hear of someone coming back after illness or injury.

NickiT
02-28-2008, 08:01 AM
Good to see you're back! It's always a bit daunting coming back after time out - especially when it's due to injury. You'll be fine though. It's amazing how quickly everything falls into place!

Nicki

herniated
02-28-2008, 09:15 AM
So glad you are back!!! You had such MAJOR surgery and that's just great. So happy for you!!!

Morgail
02-28-2008, 12:34 PM
Yay for you! I'm so glad you're skating again. I know how hard it is not to be able to jump or spin. I hated seeing everyone jumping around me, and I wasn't allowed to even do a waltz jump. But it will pass. And your Moves will be in good shape after all the practice you'll get on them:)

Skate@Delaware
02-28-2008, 06:19 PM
I was only allowed to do 1/2 revolution jumps and non-torqueing spins (2-foot, one-foot, and the backspin). It was really hard to adjust to that but my edges really improved, my 3-turns are soooo much better now and wow, my backspin is real now.

My coach said if it wasn't for my injury I'd only have mediocre edges and 3-turns. (isn't she so nice? but she is right-an injury forces you to focus on things you'd only lightly touch on).

Glad you are back on the ice!!! Don't defy the rules, play it safe and soon you will get the green light!

techskater
02-29-2008, 08:06 AM
I am with Skittle on that - if it weren't for an entire summer that I was not allowed to jump (landing knee issues), I would have really crappy spins!

dbny
02-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Welcome back to the ice! I'm another that can attest to the real skating progress that can be made when jumps and spins are off limits. Younger DD wasn't allowed for 6 months, and in that time, she cleaned up all sorts of skating problems. I don't think she would have passed Juv moves without that forced practice.

coskater64
03-01-2008, 08:08 AM
Glad your back on the ice, take your time, maybe focus on the moves for a while. I have found going back and relearning things to be very helpful!!

Listen to your doctor!!8O

doubletoe
03-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Welcome back!! Remember, everything is edges anyway. Even jumps are just edges with a little air in-between. ;)