View Full Version : Shame on Braemer!!

jskater49
02-24-2008, 07:18 PM
This is the club that hosted the Adult Midwest Sectionals last year and they HAVE NO ADULT EVENTS at their Mc Candles Competition this June SHAME SHAME SHAME ON THEM!

j

Stormy
02-24-2008, 08:12 PM
Have you spoken to anyone at the club as to why they don't have Adult events? Maybe you should check out why before you come and shame them on a public forum? If you feel that strongly about it, you should talk to the club. Perhaps there's a good reason? :?:

coskater64
02-24-2008, 08:35 PM
Have they ever had them in the Past? Are they running IJS, it takes an incredible amount of work to run a competition, maybe there are things you aren't seeing. Sometimes its just not cost effective to add the adult events, maybe you should get on the board or maybe you should ask the board/LOC of the event why. I would imagine there is a very good reason.

:halo:

jskater49
02-24-2008, 09:44 PM
Yes, they have had adult events in the past- I've competed there.

And no, I don't think I'll run for their board, considering I'm on the board of my own club. And I've seen far worse public criticisms of events on this board so I don't think it's inappropriate to express my opinion here.

j

SkaterBird
02-24-2008, 11:02 PM
If they've just recently posted notice of the competition, why not call or email the LOC and ask them to add some adult events? I am sure that there would be other adults in the area interested. There are a couple of clubs in this area that have adult members who compete.

jskater49
02-25-2008, 03:47 PM
I just got an email back and all they said was they could tell I was disappointed and if I had a someone in my family who was eligible to compete they hoped we would sign up.

Actually my dd is done competing but I was going to try to talk her into coming with me and doing an event with me. But we are going to look for a competition with adult events.

j

Skittl1321
02-25-2008, 04:36 PM
I just got an email back and all they said was they could tell I was disappointed and if I had a someone in my family who was eligible to compete they hoped we would sign up.

LMAO! "Nope, you can't compete- but please encourage someone younger to come and spend money at our competition"

looplover
02-25-2008, 04:44 PM

WTF? :?? :??

SkaterBird
02-25-2008, 10:24 PM

Actually my dd is done competing but I was going to try to talk her into coming with me and doing an event with me. But we are going to look for a competition with adult events.

j

Well. Not much of an answer. Pity that Braemar isn't offering any adult events - I know of at least four clubs in the Twin Cities that have adults who do look to compete when they can, and I would imagine that the entry fees from just a handful of adult skaters would help defray host club expenses beyond the ice time needed for the additional event or events. I don't blame you for looking elsewhere for an adult-friendly competition. If you find one that isn't too far from Minnesota and also has either a no-test or a pre-bronze event let me know and maybe I will go too!