View Full Version : warming up for comp

Sessy
02-22-2008, 01:54 PM
Hey guys. So this competition on the first of march, we might not get time to warm-up on ice I heard today. And my body doesn't let me run at all, and never will.
So what are other good ways to warm up?

I was thinking I could do some ballet to warm up? But how will I keep warm after I put my boots on? I often need to re-do them so I have to take enough time to put them on, how do I stay warm while I have them on?

What's the secret?

skaternum
02-22-2008, 02:59 PM
Since you have a ballet background, try this:

Do as much of a full barre routine as you can in your sneakers. Put your skates on, with blade guards on, of course. Then do lots of grand battements, with both straight and bent (sort of into an attitude position) free legs and with both straight and bent 'standing' legs. Intersperse with lots of rapid grand ports de bras. Walk briskly in your skates. Repeat until you hear your name. :)

Good luck in the comp!

Sessy
02-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Not much of a background, just barely enough to know what you're describing, I've only been taking it for the past 1,5 years to go with skating, I've got more of a background in ballroom and latin dances really (I can do samba and jive steps in skates :lol: )

Thanks I'll try that!