View Full Version : What is it like for you to do the Discipline(s) you do?

FSWer
02-21-2008, 08:24 PM
Say,I don't think this has ever been discussed. But I was wondering from your own words what it's like for you to skate the Discipline(s) you do? Please include your Discipline. If you do more then one,please mention and tell about each one. Ok Kids......GO!!!!!!

Morgail
02-22-2008, 03:21 PM
I do singles and solo dance.

Singles: I love it. I love the feeling of being mid-air in a jump (small though mine are). I love spinning so fast that everything is a blur. If I couldn't ever jump or spin again, I would still skate, but I don't know that I would enjoy it as much. I reward myself for working on Moves by working on freestyle:lol: ie. If I do two patterns of cross strokes, I can do jump combinations.

Dance: I enjoy dance. There is something soothing about the repetition in a compulsory dance, and I love trying to make my edges and the pattern perfect. Keeping on the beat of the music is a challenge for me, but I like a good challenge;)

smelltheice
02-22-2008, 05:06 PM
I am trained as an adagio pair skater guy but partners are hard to find. My last partner was in no way seven and a half stone no matter how much she protested and the one before was extremely work shy. It is harder to find partners in the UK than it is to work with them!!!!!!!!!!!
But on the upside, I loved doing it despite the difficulties finding a partner