View Full Version : Eastern Adult Sectionals

starskate6.0
02-19-2008, 06:44 PM
"OK" Anyone know how many signed up for Eastern Adult Sectionals and if anyone knows how many gold men signed up . Iv got no totals yet.
I plan to go up and skate on Friday. . I only signed up for the Qualifying event because like a duffas :frus: I couldn't find the Open event application till it was to late..:roll: Anyway it should be fun.

Terri C
02-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Ross,
I got a e-mail from the LOC chair last week. While I don't know how many Gold men signed up, something was said about there being 300 starts!
Looking forward to seeing you and several others again- it's been awhile.

Stormy
02-19-2008, 07:32 PM
Yeah, I'm looking forward to a schedule and how many are in each group. Anyone else in Gold II?

starskate6.0
02-19-2008, 09:57 PM
Ross,
I got a e-mail from the LOC chair last week. While I don't know how many Gold men signed up, something was said about there being 300 starts!
Looking forward to seeing you and several others again- it's been awhile.

Thanks Terri

Im going up on Friday and staying in the hotel near the rink . See you all there.
Ross

flutzilla1
02-21-2008, 08:48 AM
Is the schedule ETA still tomorrow? It's a bit weird that we still have no schedule and the competition is only 2 weeks away.....

stacyf419
02-21-2008, 09:05 AM
Yes, still tomorrow. My family's been bugging me for a date, so hopefully they definitely post it by tomorrow!
I can't believe it came up so fast.
It's my first competition in singles (I also skate synchro) - I'll be skating pre-bronze. Hopefully there are a lot of other pre-bronze skaters so this 40-year-old flabtastic body of mine doesn't have to compare to the younguns!:)

Terri C
02-21-2008, 09:06 AM
Yes, still tomorrow. My family's been bugging me for a date, so hopefully they definitely post it by tomorrow!
It's my first competition in singles (I also skate synchro) - I'll be skating pre-bronze. Hopefully there are a lot of other pre-bronze skaters so this 40-year-old flabtastic body of mine doesn't have to compare to the younguns!:)

Stacy,
We'll be in the same group- I'm another flabastic 40 something!

stacyf419
02-21-2008, 09:10 AM
Stacy,
We'll be in the same group- I'm another flabastic 40 something!

Great! Please definitely say hello - I'm sure I'll be ridiculously nervous and I could use a friendly face that day!

climbsk8
02-21-2008, 09:20 AM

Hey! Go easy on yourself. That's the beauty of adult comps -- nobody talks about "junk in the trunk" 'cause we've all got some :)

People will applaud when you land a jump, and if you fall, they'll applaud when you get up and keep going. Just have a blast out there!

TimDavidSkate
02-21-2008, 09:34 AM
So Pacifics get 2 or 3 gold men, Midwesterns has 4, so for Easterns the 5th &/or 6th placed skater will go to nationals 8O lucky them

jazzpants
02-21-2008, 10:59 AM
So Pacifics get 2 or 3 gold men, Midwesterns has 4, so for Easterns the 5th &/or 6th placed skater will go to nationals 8O lucky them
Never mind the Masters Men in the Midwestern and the Eastern Sectionals. Seems NONE of our Master Men this year are going to Pacific Coast Sectionals. (I know in my primary coach's case, it's b/c he's "retired again.")

I STILL expect a good fight though between you Champ. guys to watch on Ice Network, so skate pretty and skate well. Give me something to look forward to when I get to Lake Plastic... :D ;)

TimDavidSkate
02-21-2008, 11:03 AM
Lake Plastic... :D ;)

Lake Plastic? :lol: :D hahaha

herniated
02-21-2008, 12:20 PM
Great! Please definitely say hello - I'm sure I'll be ridiculously nervous and I could use a friendly face that day!

We should wear name tags with our online names!:lol:

TimDavidSkate
02-21-2008, 12:24 PM
We should wear name tags with our online names!:lol:

And I'm sure it would be a hit if you wear yours and see the reaction from all the people you pass by and run into ;) 8-) :lol:

herniated
02-21-2008, 04:54 PM
And I'm sure it would be a hit if you wear yours and see the reaction from all the people you pass by and run into ;) 8-) :lol:

Your right! :lol: Many would probably think I'm a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

starskate6.0
02-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Never mind the Masters Men in the Midwestern and the Eastern Sectionals. Seems NONE of our Master Men this year are going to Pacific Coast Sectionals. (I know in my primary coach's case, it's b/c he's "retired again.")

I STILL expect a good fight though between you Champ. guys to watch on Ice Network, so skate pretty and skate well. Give me something to look forward to when I get to Lake Plastic... :D ;)

Hey Jazz
Do they put the Adult competitions on Ice Network now..? I better send my stunt double..:lol: He looks better..

MusicSkateFan
02-22-2008, 06:42 AM
Could someone please edit this thread to read "Eastern" Sectionals instead of "Easton" Sectionals!

Thanks!

jazzpants
02-22-2008, 11:41 AM
Hey Jazz
Do they put the Adult competitions on Ice Network now..? I better send my stunt double..:lol: He looks better..Now, now Ross! We want you... NOT your stunt double. He might look better, but you're more entertaining!!! :twisted: And If you are going to Nationals, I look forward to finally meeting you (NOT your stunt double) there!!!

Could someone please edit this thread to read "Eastern" Sectionals instead of "Easton" Sectionals!

Thanks!Ditto on the request... especially since it reminds me of a former poster here that is ummm... a bit of an "acquired taste..." (to put it VERY nicely...) :halo:

Isk8NYC
02-22-2008, 12:04 PM
I wondered if that was a typo - I thought maybe it was being held in Easton, Pennsylvania. I was going to suggest a Crayola Factory visit, lol. I'll take care of it.

Isk8NYC
02-22-2008, 12:06 PM
Ditto on the request... especially since it reminds me of a former poster here...Shhh! They've been very quiet. Guess being nice was too boring for them with their new ID.

Terri C
02-22-2008, 12:50 PM
Well.... today's the day and nothing yet. :roll:

herniated
02-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Well.... today's the day and nothing yet. :roll:

So glad you said it. :roll: It seems like every time ' IIIIIIII' enter an event there is some kind of delay with the schedule! Like.. I entered AN this year and the tentative schedule is delayed. When I went to AN in Dallas there were numerous scheduling probs. Is it me?8O

vesperholly
02-22-2008, 02:36 PM
I JUST got the tenative schedule in my email.

Only two Silver 1 ladies?? :?? Well, I guess at least I'll medal...

stacyf419
02-22-2008, 02:40 PM
And there's only 1 person for pre-bronze spins - ME! I'm already a winner...:D

skaternum
02-22-2008, 02:48 PM
Makes you wonder if the softening of the economy is keeping a lot of people from traveling to non-qualifying competitions.

sk8er1964
02-22-2008, 02:52 PM
Makes you wonder if the softening of the economy is keeping a lot of people from traveling to non-qualifying competitions.

I'm sure that it is. Rising gas prices have cut way into our fun money, and that's why I'm not going to AN this year. Can't afford it. The only reason I'm doing Mids is that it's in my town.

herniated
02-22-2008, 03:37 PM
Why did they split Silver Ladies 3 into two groups of 5 and an hour apart? Does that mean that each group gets judged seperately? Rather than all 10 of us together? Do you know what I mean?:??

stacyf419
02-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Speaking of the pre-bronze spin category in which I'm competing against myself:

Since it's on Saturday, and my singles comp isn't until Sunday, I would prefer to wear something other than my program dress. What is acceptable to wear for this? I wore a black turtleneck leotard with a chiffon wrap skirt for my test - is something like that acceptable?

(Can you tell this is my first non-synchro competition? I've never even watched one!)

starskate6.0
02-22-2008, 05:15 PM
Hey everyone

Sorry about the type "O".. My bad. I skate on Saturday night, then I have to drive home ( 3hours ) . I have to take a flight out to Cancun the next day, work , work ,work,..

Ross

starskate6.0
02-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Now, now Ross! We want you... NOT your stunt double. He might look better, but you're more entertaining!!! :twisted: And If you are going to Nationals, I look forward to finally meeting you (NOT your stunt double) there!!!

Ditto on the request... especially since it reminds me of a former poster here that is ummm... a bit of an "acquired taste..." (to put it VERY nicely...) :halo:

Not sure I understand the poster thing or what thats about but sorry about the type "O" My bad. Looking forward to meeting you Jazz , if you knew what i was planning for nationals I might need a stunt double. . What event are you in..? or just come up and say Hi . Be happy to talk . I often know people here by screen names but have no idea who they are... :lol: I guess that why its a screen name..

flutzilla1
02-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Wow I'm glad I'm not a Bronze 1 lady -- anyone else think that a 7:55AM event start time the morning after you lose an hour for Daylight Savings time is a bit crazy? Oh well. At least we'll all be done and out of the rink early that day.

NoVa Sk8r
02-22-2008, 05:27 PM
Qualifiying events @ Easterns scorecard:
Championship Gold Ladies - 19 (16 signed up/15 competed last year)
Championship Gold Men - 9 (8 signed up/6 competed last year)

Championship Masters Ladies - 11 (16 competed last year)
Championship Masters Men - 5 (6 competed last year)

Championship Dance - 3 teams (no event last year)
Championship Pairs - 5 teams (5 teams last year)

jazzpants
02-23-2008, 01:22 AM
Not sure I understand the poster thing or what thats about but sorry about the type "O" My bad. Looking forward to meeting you Jazz , if you knew what i was planning for nationals I might need a stunt double. . What event are you in..? or just come up and say Hi . Be happy to talk . I often know people here by screen names but have no idea who they are... :lol: I guess that why its a screen name..
Re: Our "Easton" poster... you don't wanna know about... :roll:

Oh, geez! Now I really have to see what your program will be like... :P :D I will be in Bronze III Ladies at one of the QR or Adult Ladies Interp III - Comedy/Light Entertainment) , but don't worry, I will find you. :) (BTW: don't look for me at Eastern Sectionals! I'm in the Pacific Coast and am not doing Sectionals this year...)

Terri C
02-23-2008, 10:11 AM
Well it figured that the schedule would arrive in my e-mail once I got to work yesterday afternoon. I took a chance at work and opened the attachment anyway- I was dying to know when I was skating.
It's not too bad for me- at least the comp is over by 12 noon giving people like myself time to get to the airport for flights home.
Now let's all hope Mother Nature behaves that weekend!

rsk8d
02-23-2008, 01:49 PM
Good luck to all champ masters ladies (and all others as well!). I am due with baby #2 April 14th (a girl!); obviously won't be competing this year. Hopefully will be back next season. Everyone skate well! -Lauren Downes :)

momsk8er
02-23-2008, 09:16 PM
the schedule is not up yet on the web site is it? Can someone post the general schedule so folks like me who won't be competing but might want to drive up and cheer can know when the best time to come is?

Thanks

NoVa Sk8r
02-23-2008, 09:40 PM
The schedule that was sent to the competitors is still tentative, so I'm not sure if it makes sense to post what we have received just yet ...

Stormy
02-24-2008, 08:35 AM
I JUST got the tenative schedule in my email.

Only two Silver 1 ladies?? :?? Well, I guess at least I'll medal...

That's surprising! Last year there was 8 of us. And there's only 3 in Silver Compulsory moves 1 & II, last year there was like 10? Where'd everyone go??? I'm skating up to Gold, and there's only 3 of us in Gold II. Probably everyone's concentrating on te Championship event. Takes a lot of the pressure off of me, though!! :)

I can't wait to see everyone and cheer on my friends!!

NoVa Sk8r
02-25-2008, 10:02 AM
The schedule is now posted:
http://www.northjerseyfsc.org/announcements.htm

TimDavidSkate
02-25-2008, 10:18 AM
Hey Stevo - were at the COLD frigid rink 2... ugh!!!! Hard ice 8O

NoVa Sk8r
02-25-2008, 10:22 AM
Both rinks are frigid.

TimDavidSkate
02-25-2008, 10:25 AM
brrrr..cant wait to attend that 6am practice session 8O

skaternum
02-25-2008, 12:07 PM
It's weird that they broke Silver ladies 3, with only 10 competitors, into 2 separate groups.

herniated
02-25-2008, 02:09 PM
It's weird that they broke Silver ladies 3, with only 10 competitors, into 2 separate groups.

I said the same thing in an earlier post. I bet they are going to judge group A by itself and judge group B by itself. This has happened to me before at another event in the past. Annoying.

skaternum
02-25-2008, 05:19 PM
I said the same thing in an earlier post. I bet they are going to judge group A by itself and judge group B by itself. This has happened to me before at another event in the past. Annoying.Oh, sorry -- I didn't see the earlier post. Yes, they are definitely judging each group independently, since no other Final Round is to be seen on the schedule. That's just whack. It's only 10 skaters between the 2 groups!

herniated
02-25-2008, 06:25 PM
Oh, sorry -- I didn't see the earlier post. Yes, they are definitely judging each group independently, since no other Final Round is to be seen on the schedule. That's just whack. It's only 10 skaters between the 2 groups!

I wasn't being sarcastic,like "Didn't you seeee my other post?" Please don't think that was my attitude. But I agree with the 'that's whack' comment. I like going to events with a lot of skaters in my level. That's like, uhhhh the whole point(That was sarcastic). Even though I wind up at or near the bottom anyway. Are you in this group too?

skaternum
02-25-2008, 09:17 PM
Are you in this group too?Not this time. My last competition was Peach Clasic in 2005. I've just gotten back on the ice after a 2.5 year break to have some hideous knee surgery. :) Assuming I get back to my pre-surgery ability, I'll be back in Silver 3 in no time. Although based on this morning's skate, that may take a while. :frus:

TimDavidSkate
02-25-2008, 09:18 PM
I wasn't being sarcastic,like "Didn't you seeee my other post?" Please don't think that was my attitude. But I agree with the 'that's whack' comment. I like going to events with a lot of skaters in my level. That's like, uhhhh the whole point(That was sarcastic). Even though I wind up at or near the bottom anyway. Are you in this group too?

See you there :bow: Good luck :D

doubletoe
02-25-2008, 10:11 PM
Oh, sorry -- I didn't see the earlier post. Yes, they are definitely judging each group independently, since no other Final Round is to be seen on the schedule. That's just whack. It's only 10 skaters between the 2 groups!

Especially considering the fact that they are judging 19 Championship Gold Ladies all as one group! 8O The maximum is supposed to be 18. . .

Debbie S
02-25-2008, 10:43 PM
Are you sure it's not just 2 warm-up groups, but one competition? There is a rule that no more than 6 skaters can be in one warm-up, although I've seen that rule disregarded at other comps.

skaternum
02-26-2008, 07:47 AM
Are you sure it's not just 2 warm-up groups, but one competition? There is a rule that no more than 6 skaters can be in one warm-up, although I've seen that rule disregarded at other comps.

Nope. Definitely not warm up groups. Group A is at 10:14. Then there are 4 events in between. Then Group B is at 11:15.

techskater
02-26-2008, 07:48 AM
Especially considering the fact that they are judging 19 Championship Gold Ladies all as one group! 8O The maximum is supposed to be 18. . .

There have been groups of 20+ at some Regionals because, well, because they had no choice! LOL!

flutzilla1
02-26-2008, 09:17 AM

They did the same thing for the Bronze 3 ladies, with 6 and 5 in each, respectively. Just wish I knew which group I was in....oh well.

vesperholly
02-26-2008, 04:01 PM
There have been groups of 20+ at some Regionals because, well, because they had no choice! LOL!
There are supposed to be qualifying rounds if there are more than 18 skaters. I've never seen a Regional with 20 skaters. 8O In fact, I've seen secondary qualifying rounds at the Juvenile level just to eliminate ONE skater.

herniated
02-26-2008, 04:58 PM
They did the same thing for the Bronze 3 ladies, with 6 and 5 in each, respectively. Just wish I knew which group I was in....oh well.

Did you get the email today? It will tell you what group you are in.:)

herniated
02-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Not this time. My last competition was Peach Clasic in 2005. I've just gotten back on the ice after a 2.5 year break to have some hideous knee surgery. :) Assuming I get back to my pre-surgery ability, I'll be back in Silver 3 in no time. Although based on this morning's skate, that may take a while. :frus:

Sorry about your hideous knee surgery. That stinks.:cry: Surgery stinks in general.

Terri C
02-26-2008, 07:57 PM
Got my e-mail with the roster and boy am I excited and looking forward to seeing so many people that I haven't seen in uh, two years!! Skating clean programs the last few days is adding to it as well!