View Full Version : What constitutes a Senior Synchronized Skating Team as Premier

FSWer
02-16-2008, 09:08 PM
Say,I'm not sure if that is even the right word to use in a contex like this. So someone please correct me if I'm wrong. But I was wondering...if a Synchronized Skating Team has the title of Premier. What more then likely would they have to have done to earn it? Also,if a Premier Team falls or makes mistakes does anyone know if that has anything to do with loosing the title? Thanks.

Clarice
02-17-2008, 05:57 AM
The word "premiere" is just another way of saying "first place" or "best" - it isn't really a title that is earned. It's just a way of describing something really good, and anybody can use it if they want. Making mistakes might not matter unless it's a competition. "Premiere" just means "best" - it doesn't mean "perfect". Certainly, the Senior synchro team that wins Nationals can legitimately call itself "the country's premiere synchro team" because they won that competition, but I could equally call my Adult Open team "my city's premiere adult synchro team" because we're the only one. It would be true, but it would be kind of silly because we'd still be a pretty low level team. You have to be kind of careful with claims like this. If you didn't know there was only one synchro team in my city, you might think we were really, really good if we called ourselves "the city's premiere adult synchro team". We wouldn't be lying, exactly, but you might be disappointed when you saw us skate! ;)

jskater49
02-17-2008, 06:47 AM
We wouldn't be lying, exactly, but you might be disappointed when you saw us skate! ;)

I'm sure I would never be disappointed to see you skate! ;)