View Full Version : How exciting! My daughter is learning(m)

isakswings
02-16-2008, 12:32 AM
her first jump! It's a Waltz jump, but she is so excited about learning it. She didn't have a lot of time to work on it today, but it should be interesting to see how she progresses with this. Her coach was so happy with her progress today. Today was her 3rd day on the ice this week and I guess it showed because her coach said she had improved on everything. :-) We're going to a public session tomorrow so she can practice some more.

Oh and dh has caught the skating bug too. He will begin taking the ice hockey class with my 7 y/o when LTS classes resume in 2 weeks! So, 4 out of 5 of us will be in lessons. My 12 y/o has said he would like to take some lessons too. Just call us the skating family! :-)

myste12
02-16-2008, 04:29 PM
Congratulations on your daughter's first jump, how exciting!

I love skating with my family. My parents are recreational skaters, but I taught them both forward and backward swizzles which they love to show off!

isakswings
02-18-2008, 05:24 AM
Congratulations on your daughter's first jump, how exciting!

I love skating with my family. My parents are recreational skaters, but I taught them both forward and backward swizzles which they love to show off!

Thanks! We all love skating. Dh and I just bought our own skates. I can actually do quite a few of the basic skills myself. It's fun! I'll be taking my own class starting next week. Dh will be taking a class with our 7 y/o son. He is really excited too. I am happy we have found an activity we all enjoy. 4 out of the 5 of us own our own skates and we plan on buying a pair for my oldest son too.

deannathegeek
02-18-2008, 08:02 AM
It's always great to see kids learn something new, and even better when it's something big like their first jump on the ice. I bet you're both very proud-congrats!

isakswings
02-18-2008, 03:31 PM
It's always great to see kids learn something new, and even better when it's something big like their first jump on the ice. I bet you're both very proud-congrats!

She is very excited! She is still at the begining of learning it, but she is excited! I have to cancel her private lesson this Friday since we have another obligation that conflicts with her lesson. I hate to do it! Her coach is a college student, so her availability is limited right now.

*sigh*