View Full Version : anyone use Capezio OTB tights?

Morgail
02-12-2008, 12:49 PM
I just bought some at my local dance store. Unlike the Mondor OTB (which have velcro) or the Danskin OTB (which come with hooks & eyes), these don't have any way to attach the tights around the bottom of the skates. Does anyone have problems with the tights rising up & showing the white part of the skates? Should I go & buy myself hooks & eyes to sew on? I haven't tried them on with skates yet because I'd hate to put a hole in them before testing on Fri!

doubletoe
02-12-2008, 01:03 PM
I have used them before and had no problem with them rising up as long as I pulled them all the way down over the bottom of the heel. I'm at the top end of one size so I always buy one size larger and that makes it easier to pull them down over the boot.

Skittl1321
02-12-2008, 01:04 PM
(never mind- those were danskin)

jskater49
02-12-2008, 03:11 PM
I LOVE those Capezio OTB tights and it breaks my heart they don't make them anymore. I never had any problem with them staying over the skate. What I HATE are the velcro closures that stick to everything and the hook and eye that take forever to fasten. In fact, I have given up on OTB tights now that I cannot buy Capezio and I wear footless tights over footed tights. :cry:

j

Morgail
02-13-2008, 12:00 PM
Thanks everyone! Sounds like I'll be fine with the tights as they are.

I LOVE those Capezio OTB tights and it breaks my heart they don't make them anymore. I never had any problem with them staying over the skate. What I HATE are the velcro closures that stick to everything and the hook and eye that take forever to fasten. In fact, I have given up on OTB tights now that I cannot buy Capezio and I wear footless tights over footed tights. :cry:
j

Too bad you don't live near here! This dance store looked like it had quite a stock of adult-sized OTB Capezio tights. Though I do wonder what kind they'll get once those run out... They don't have any online ordering, but if you're interested, I can give you their website & maybe they'd let you order over the phone. They have stores in KY and IN. :)