View Full Version : Footless & Convertible Tights $3

dbny
02-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Danny's Warehouse has pink convertible tights (http://dannyswarehouse.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=Danny&Product_Code=CONVERTIBLE+TIGHTS&Category_Code=adult_tights) and black footless tights (http://dannyswarehouse.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=Danny&Product_Code=New+Footless+Tights+8-1-07&Category_Code=adult_tights) in all adult sizes on sale now for $3 each. Shipping is $6 priority mail (from CA to NY). They don't say what brand they are, but I've bought from Danny's before and have been happy with the products. Sure wish I had bought more Capezio footless tights when DFO had them for $2 apiece. I love them! I'm kind of hoping that these are the same.

Sessy
02-04-2008, 06:07 PM
does anybody know if you can buy from them from abroad and what payment they accept? can't find that on the site, nor an email to mail them to ask...
Skating tights cost 30 EURO (like, 40 dollar) and up here, this would be worth shipping costs...

dbny
02-04-2008, 06:39 PM
They accept major credit cards. Why don't you try to put an order through? I recall there was something about "if not US" when choosing the state in the drop down list box. The online order process tells you the shipping cost before you confirm the order, so you won't lose out if it's too high for you.

tidesong
02-04-2008, 08:00 PM
How thick/thin is their PRIMA_SOFT_FOOTLESS_SUNTAN_TIGHTS ? Is it ok for skating? Is it thicker or thinner than the pink one?

mikawendy
02-04-2008, 08:16 PM
How thick/thin is their PRIMA_SOFT_FOOTLESS_SUNTAN_TIGHTS ? Is it ok for skating? Is it thicker or thinner than the pink one?

I've used Prima Soft tights before. They are thin like most microfiber tights (similar to Danskin or Capezio's footless tights). I usually would wear them only for tests or competitions, not for everyday practice (I wear heavy tights for practice). The Prima Soft are not heavyweight like thick Mondor skating tights.

tidesong
02-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Ok, like capezio's footless tights? That sounds good! Thanks alot mikawendy :)

dbny
02-04-2008, 09:11 PM
I just read the order confirmation email from Danny's, and was surprised to find out that the shipping quoted in the online order is just an estimate 8O. The actual shipping is determined by weight when the order is assembled. They do give the weight of each item, so if you knew in advance what they were doing, you could figure it out yourself - but who knew!

Since they ship priority mail, I'm afraid they may not do international shipping, but I do have an email address for you - sales@dannyswarehouse.com

Sessy
02-05-2008, 02:17 AM
Thank you!!! :bow:

Mrs Redboots
02-05-2008, 06:07 AM
Skating tights cost 30 EURO (like, 40 dollar) and up here, this would be worth shipping costs...
Well, yes, but you only need one pair of skating tights, for competitions! For every-day practice, wear regular 70-denier black or coloured tights. Lidl sometimes do 100-denier tights which are lovely and warm.

Sessy
02-05-2008, 06:30 AM
Are Lidl tights good? They happen to have a sale on them starting today... Maybe I should shop a little tomorrow LOL!

I usually skate in leggins (2 euro, action), or I convert (http://www.geocities.com/sessy_liz/bootcovers/overtheboot.html) normal tights. Few real ones wouldn't hurt though and I know at least 1 skating friend would join in on the order. Virtually everybody thinks tights are terribly expensive around here and not thick enough.

Skittl1321
02-05-2008, 07:59 AM
Sessy if Danny's doesn't ship internationally try- http://www.dancefactoryoutlet.com/capezio/women/legwear/skating-tights/c500000-c500004-c500016-p1.html

The black tights are a staple for me now- they have a sheen to them but aren't shiny. Unfortunaretly there isn't a great discount on the OTB tights :( They also have ballet tights- which I find to be too thin for skating, but some are cheap there.

Mrs Redboots
02-06-2008, 07:38 AM
Are Lidl tights good? They happen to have a sale on them starting today... Maybe I should shop a little tomorrow LOL! If they're the thick ones, go for them! Lovely and warm, lots of lovely lycra to hold one's unwanted bulges in, and a fairly good range of colours, too. I wear black "full briefs" over the top to help them stay up and to preserve my modesty when being lifted, but not everybody either needs or wants to do that.

flo
02-06-2008, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the tip!

dbny
02-07-2008, 12:25 PM
My tights arrived today. I ordered the black footless. Shipping was $6 after all. These tights don't seem to have a name on them, but they are definitely not Capezio. What they are, is very soft, smooth and forgiving, with the best waistband I've encountered. I got size M/L and could have gotten away with S (I'm 5'3" and 140#). I like my tights to fit very tightly except around the waist, so they feel a little loose in the legs to me (only because they don't hold my SkatingSafe knee pads quite as tightly as I like), but the waist is sooo comfy. I highly recommend them. There was a bonus - a free energy saving spiral light bulb :lol:.

Skittl1321
02-07-2008, 12:39 PM
I just noticed Danny's has full body tights- footed and footless for only $7!
http://dannyswarehouse.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=Danny&Product_Code=Footless_+unitard++Leo%27s+912&Category_Code=adult_tights

This I really might consider ordering- these are fantastic for avoiding the dreaded line around the tummy.

dbny
02-07-2008, 06:23 PM
I just noticed Danny's has full body tights- footed and footless for only $7!
http://dannyswarehouse.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=Danny&Product_Code=Footless_+unitard++Leo%27s+912&Category_Code=adult_tights

This I really might consider ordering- these are fantastic for avoiding the dreaded line around the tummy.

Gee, thanks a lot :x ;). Now I've gone and ordered one of those, 4 more pair of the black footless in size S/M, and 3 pair of suntan footless (same price, $3). There is very little dreaded tummy line with the black footless tights, that's what I really like about them.

hepcat
02-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Wow, they have kids' velvet skating dresses for $10 each!

I'm going to stock up for my daughter and some tights for myself. Thanks for that site.