View Full Version : knee pain after locking leg in spirals?

looplover
02-01-2008, 07:51 PM
I really am going to get this checked out soon.

I have some knee pain after locking my left leg during spirals and it feels like the knee isn't that stable...a year ago I caught a toe pick and bashed that knee. I wonder if I have a torn ACL?

(I realize I need to see a doctor and not ask the board! But I'm curious)

I think I've only lasted this long because I haven't been locking my knee...

tidesong
02-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Uh yes please see a doctor. Will it help if you thought of pulling the thigh muscles up (as in balllet) vs locking the knees?

Do you have knee pain at any other point in time? Aka walking up/down stairs, doing squats.

ibreakhearts66
02-02-2008, 01:28 AM
i would be very surprised if you had a torn ACL. tearing an ACL usually takes a massive impact to the side of the knee (like what happens in football) or a high velocity-twisting motion (like in soccer/football). i tore mine after i slid, full speed, to score a goal and ended up colliding with their keeper who was probably twice my size. the tear happened when both the keepers and my body collapsed over my leg, with the lower leg being twisted and forced out to the side. the pain of a torn ACL is pretty hard to describe. it was as if there was a mini-explosion inside my knee as the ligaments fell apart. so, it is pretty hard to tear an ACL and not realize it.

but i would definitely go to the doctor. there are a number of things that could explain your pain, but most can be fixed quite easily through physical therapy. good luck! let us know what happens.

looplover
02-02-2008, 12:39 PM
ii tore mine after i slid, full speed, to score a goal and ended up colliding with their keeper who was probably twice my size. the tear happened when both the keepers and my body collapsed over my leg, with the lower leg being twisted and forced out to the side.

Oof...ok my pain was really bad when it happened but it's been a year so definitely no torn ACL. I jostled something (heh, hows that for medical terminology) - will make an appt. with a doc this week! It only hurts after I lock my leg (then don't lock your leg, goes the old joke...)