View Full Version : callus on your feet?

bbowie
01-31-2008, 10:52 PM
Anyone got callus on your feet? I got like 3 callus on my right foot and i am pretty sure they are caused by my skates. How can i get rid of them? They are not hurting or anything. But its really ugly especially when wearing thongs or heels. They are also like a little bit darker then my normal skin colour. I reckon becos of the pigmentation caused by too much fiction?
Here's my question, what can i do about them?

montanarose
02-01-2008, 12:36 AM
Yeah, skating can be hard on your feet. If what you describe are, indeed, calluses, then I recommend finding a good pedicurist in your area and signing on for regular pampering. When I was skating three or four days a week, I found that a pedicure every three weeks was what it took to keep my feet looking and feeling good.

Sessy
02-01-2008, 03:03 AM
... or they can be bone growths. Then there's not much you can do except use bunga or silipo pads to prevent more from forming.

jenlyon60
02-01-2008, 04:50 AM
I have callouses on my feet, but not from skating boots. I find that a pedicure every 2 weeks helps a lot to keep my feet looking and feeling better.

samba
02-01-2008, 05:05 AM
I have loads of them, but make sure I keep them in check, nothing to do with skating though, just horrible feet.

coskater64
02-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Bunga or the slipco ankle things either will help but it's just like playing the guitar you will build calluses its a part of the sport. You can get little gel things for your toes, I actually use a catalog called Medco and they have cheap little gel disc that cut and then use tape (athletic/foot/paper) to keep them on. That worked for me just a note Band-aids, not gonna help, but if they don't hurt don't worry and maybe you should get a heat moldable boot when you need a new pair.8O