View Full Version : Best rinks and fitter in SF bay area?

Casey
01-30-2008, 04:06 PM
Hey all,

I'm looking for recommendations for skating resources in the SF bay area. My skates got stolen so I need to find a good fitter straightaway. Beyond that, where are the best rinks to skate at? I tried Yerba Buena but it has short, expensive sessions and isn't a full-size rink to justify it. Also want to find a rink that offers good coaches too.

Thanks in advance.

kander
01-30-2008, 11:41 PM
Sorry to hear about your skates. i factories if you are interested in either of those brands. You can't get a better fit than at the factory. Regarding

kander
01-31-2008, 12:02 AM
Sorry to hear about your skates. I don't think a person can sink any lower than to steal someones skates :( If you want the best fit try the Harlick or SP Teri factories in SF. You can't get a better fit than at the source.

Regarding rinks, most sessions run between 1 1/2 and 2 hours. If you want a long session, Belmont and Dublin have a few sessions that run 4 to 5 hours. Regarding coaches, if you can't find any you like at YB, I'd recommend any other rink except either of the Ice Chalets (Bridge Point and Vallco). There are a lot of coaches in the area and they all have their own plusses and minuses. Keep trying until you find one you like.

Kevin

WeirFan06
01-31-2008, 01:11 AM
Hey all,
Iand isn't a full-size rink to justify it. Also want to find a rink that offers good coaches too.

Thanks in advance.

Yerba Buena is a full sized NHL rink (and has average session costs for this area), as are all the rest of the rinks in this area except oakland. If you're looking for an Olympic sized rink you will have to check the oakland schedule and figure out which sessions are on the NHL rink and which ones are on the Olympic rink. Oakland is very expensive, as the Sharks organization just took over the ownership. Just FYI, the Belmont rink is 14 feet shorter than Yerba Buena.