View Full Version : contact from usfs for AN 2008?

herniated
01-29-2008, 04:10 PM
Anyone hear from USFS yet regarding their application being processed? I sent mine in way before the due date. Just wondering if anyone has gotten an email yet.

jazzpants
01-29-2008, 04:24 PM
I haven't yet, though I know my check has been cashed...

pedonskates
01-29-2008, 04:35 PM
I have gotten confirmation e-mails for Adult Nationals, qualifying and non-qualifying events at Pacific Coasts.
The non-qual came first.
Pac Coast was a few days after the deadline.
AN was a couple of days after the deadline as well.
It was an e-mail explaining how to fill in the forms on line. Those took almost no time.
The messages I received were from Kathy Drevs at USFS.

herniated
01-29-2008, 04:42 PM
I just checked my credit card statement and they charged my card. I think I sent in all the other forms too - like a doofus. Maybe that's why they haven't emailed me yet? Well, I guess I'll just wait and see.

I also got email confirmation for easterns awhile ago.

techskater
01-29-2008, 04:48 PM
I would email Kevin Leonardo or Kathy Drevs if you have concerns.

Stormy
01-29-2008, 05:15 PM
I've gotten e-mails confirming both Nationals and Non Qual Easterns.

TreSk8sAZ
01-29-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm worried as my credit card hasn't been charged nor have I heard from USFS. However, I did hear from non-qual Pac Coasts. Glad I'm not the only one who hasn't heard regarding ANs.

flying~camel
01-29-2008, 07:15 PM
I sent my entry form on 1/11 via certified mail, which arrived at USFS on 1/15. 2 days later, I got the email from Kathy Drevs informing me that my entry had been processed and I could enter my music & medical info online (my check was also cashed about 1 day later).

However, a couple of people I skate with sent their entries in a day or 2 before me and still haven't gotten the email confirmation (but their checks were cashed), so who knows!

Hannahclear
01-29-2008, 07:27 PM
I've gotten an email and my check has been cashed for AN.

LWalsh
01-29-2008, 08:13 PM
I sent my entry in nearly at the last minute and I have received an e-mail already.

Lwalsh

herniated
01-29-2008, 08:20 PM
I would email Kevin Leonardo or Kathy Drevs if you have concerns.

Think I'm going to email these guys. Just to make sure all is OK!

jazzpants
01-29-2008, 08:29 PM
Think I'm going to email these guys. Just to make sure all is OK!LOL!!! I just did that myself and then read your post!!! :lol:

herniated
01-30-2008, 06:37 AM
LOL!!! I just did that myself and then read your post!!! :lol:

Great minds think alike!:D

Kristin
01-30-2008, 12:47 PM
I got an email saying my application had been processed. Also, they asked me to go online & fill out some of the waivers electronically even though I had already sent the waiver to them in paper form. Also, my check was cashed.

doubletoe
01-30-2008, 12:50 PM
You might want to check online and see if any of your information has been entered for AN. The e-mail asked me to check, update and/or re-enter music and medical info., and went I went online, I saw that they had started entering some info. for me already.

TimDavidSkate
01-30-2008, 01:01 PM
I went to check and under competitions they already have me down for my event :D yey

daisies
01-30-2008, 02:01 PM
I haven't gotten an email either, but my check was cashed on 1/15 and when I go into Members Only, the AN events I entered are listed in there under "Music Items." Not sure if I should just go in there and start updating or wait for the official email!

jazzpants
01-30-2008, 02:02 PM
I logged in to Members Only and looked under Competitions. Sure enough, my events are there!!! So I'm set!!! :bow:

Mel On Ice
01-30-2008, 02:46 PM
my events are listed on my page at the USFSA site for Nationals, but not for Mids. YAY!

jazzpants
01-30-2008, 02:58 PM
my events are listed on my page at the USFSA site for Nationals, but not for Mids. YAY!Time to get that bubbly chillin', girlfriend!!! :mrgreen:

herniated
01-30-2008, 05:09 PM
Time to get that bubbly chillin', girlfriend!!! :mrgreen:

Bubbly? Before or after the skate? Only kidding.

I heard from Kathy at USFS. She said if my card was charged then all is well. They got behind processing due to Nationals. I will check on my page also just to make sure.

TreSk8sAZ
01-30-2008, 06:59 PM
Just heard today from Kathy Drevs, and it's all been processed through! I'm set for ANs and Pac Coasts.

mikawendy
01-30-2008, 10:17 PM
Bubbly? Before or after the skate? Only kidding.

How about during!? Tee hee, just kidding. Now that would be an interesting interpretive number...

jazzpants
01-31-2008, 01:31 AM
How about during!? Tee hee, just kidding. Now that would be an interesting interpretive number...Maybe I should have some just prior to my skate... prolly skate better too!!! OH, I can bribe the judge with a bit of bubbly too!!! Maybe the alcohol will cloud their judgement enough to get me better scores? :P :twisted: :lol: (I am JUST kidding, guys!!!)

FWIW, Braden Overett was (pretending to be) "drunk" during his Level 3 straightline footwork in his freeskate. Got him better scores in the presentation!!! :lol: (Hey! Anyone who can act like he's drunk successfully while doing Level 3 straightline footwork gets my :bow: anyday!!! :P )

herniated
01-31-2008, 06:12 AM
How about during!? Tee hee, just kidding. Now that would be an interesting interpretive number...

I'd probably skate better! lol at least that's what my coach thinks. Terrible.:D

rlichtefeld
02-01-2008, 12:11 PM
I saw the other day that they had charged my credit card, and I checked online and didn't see my registration info.

I still haven't received the email, but I just checked online this morning, and I see under the Music Items that that I'm entered in 2 events: Silver Men 4 and Silver Pairs. So, everything must be OK.

I'll check my spam folder to see if the email may be in there. Looking forward to seeing everyone again this year.

Rob

coskater64
02-01-2008, 01:45 PM
I didn't get an e mail from US figure skating either but I noticed when I when to online event registration it showed my name and the date 1/31/2008. I went ahead and did the waivers. Soooo yall' all might want to check...:D

I also noticed like Rob that my events were on my competitive history list, always reassuring.

rlichtefeld
02-02-2008, 05:37 AM
I got my email at 1:30am this morning.

In the email it says "700 people" are registered. Does anyone know if this is more or less that last year, or 2004 the last time at Lake Placid?

Rob (not Rich)

SK8RX
02-02-2008, 10:24 AM
I got my email at 1:30am this morning.

In the email it says "700 people" are registered. Does anyone know if this is more or less that last year, or 2004 the last time at Lake Placid?

Rob (not Rich)

According to this article about the 2004 Nationals in Lake Placid over 600 people were expected to compete:

http://www.usfigureskating.org/Story.asp?id=24346&type=news

Last year in Bensenville there were more than 550 athletes and approximately 800 starts according to this article:

http://www.usfigureskating.org/event_story.asp?id=38181.

TimDavidSkate
02-12-2008, 10:05 AM
I just hope that the Silver Men's FS event will be held at the 1980 Olympic rink - aaahhhhh - that would be sooo awesome!

The tentative day schedule is set to be released this Friday 8-)

rlichtefeld
02-12-2008, 03:15 PM
I just hope that the Silver Men IV and the Silver Pairs events don't conflict.

Don't care which rink.

Rob

daisies
02-12-2008, 03:32 PM
FYI, all the confirmation emails have been sent by USFS for AN. I never got mine, so it probably ended up in my spam. If you never got yours, make sure to look in Members Only to see if your events are listed. I found mine by going to Online Event Registration, then Event Manager, then Music Items.

TimDavidSkate
02-14-2008, 08:32 AM
According to the website

http://www.lakeplacidskating.com/newsite/competitions/adult_championships/index.php

"Due to circomstances beyond our control, we are not able to provide you with a tentative schedule. As soon as we have more information, it will be posted here. Please check back for updates."

I guess the tentative schedule wont be posted tomorrow :cry:

herniated
02-14-2008, 12:52 PM
That stinks! :cry:

climbsk8
02-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Yeah, I really want to be able to book my flight soon. But I would rather wait for the schedule, even if it's late, than have them put out a tentative schedule and then change it all up (like they did in Dallas.)

starskate6.0
02-19-2008, 09:59 AM
G-day guy's and girls.

My first Nationals in 2 years and so glad its in Lake Placid again. Im doing Gold mens 4 and the Championship event if Im luck at qualifying. Ill also be doing interp again for the shear fun of the program . Im looking forward to seeing you all again, its been such a long time. Im also planning on Oberstdorf again anyone else going. . Speaking of Europe anyone got a date on the French competition, Maybe Ill do that while Im there. ??:)

TimDavidSkate
02-20-2008, 11:54 AM
I know airfares, hotels and other things that have to be reserved closer to the date are always expensive - I wish they would take that into consideration. :giveup:

I have a feeling that we will be seeing the schedule around the first week of March since the person might be on vacation this whole week