debrag
01-29-2008, 03:30 AM
what is a good size for a rink?

56m x 26m (Lee Valley)
60m x 30m (Nottingham + Olympic size)

What is the smallest indoor rink?

tidesong
01-29-2008, 04:07 AM
Definetly I prefer to skate on 60mx30m It gives me the space I need to set up jumps properly without having to speed up the take off or curve a portion of the entry.

40mx24m is what we had in Singapore in the past few years. There is a new one that is slightly bigger than that.

Before that, there was also one that was 37mx18m before it closed, that was waay too small for comfort in my opinion. It was hard for me to even do spirals in it.

The smallest "rink" I ever skated on was probably around 6mx6m on a temporary stage. Some of the girls managed to do a double loop on it. I was pretty impressed. I did manage an axel and double salchow but only by doing them from an almost complete standstill

Mrs Redboots
01-29-2008, 09:24 AM
what is a good size for a rink?

56m x 26m (Lee Valley)
60m x 30m (Nottingham + Olympic size)

What is the smallest indoor rink?

60 by 30 is quite the nicest! You can easily run out of rink on the smaller one when you are dancing. On the other hand, the smaller sizes are great if you're struggling to fill the rink with a dance!

Alexandra Palace is the same size as Lee Valley, by the way, as are Oxford, Gillingham and Slough. Streatham is roughly 60m long by 26 m wide! Queens and Sobell are both much smaller -I forget the exact size Queens is, but their dancers have terrific edges! Guildford, Bracknell, Basingstoke and Chelmsford (I think, could be wrong) are all Olympic-size. Don't know about Romford - never skated there!

debrag
01-29-2008, 09:32 AM
thanks :) I'm going to be skating at Lee Valley from Feb. At a newbie I don't think I'll run out of ice lol