View Full Version : Who here is training for fun, to compete, to become a famous skater.

FSWer
01-24-2008, 08:49 PM
Say,I was wondering what majority of our skaters here are training to skate for fun,who here is training to compete,and who here is training to become a world famous skater and compete. For those who are training to be number 3. I really wish you luck. Please include your Discipline(s).

ibreakhearts66
01-24-2008, 09:15 PM
well, i'm training to compete for fun!

jazzpants
01-24-2008, 09:17 PM
well, i'm training to compete for fun!I was going to say "What??? You can't choose two options at the same time???" :P

I'm already famous on this board!!! (Or was that "infamous???" :lol: :twisted: )

teresa
01-24-2008, 09:54 PM
Fun. But I am serious about challenging myself, being my best and having goals. I really want to see what I can accomplish.

teresa

jmb
01-25-2008, 01:43 AM
Absolutely, definitely for fun.

tidesong
01-25-2008, 02:54 AM
I'm training to compete for fun lol... and all my friends know I skate haha... anyways I skate singles.

Rusty Blades
01-25-2008, 04:18 AM
I am training to compete - I am already famous!!! LOL! I mean, really, how many skaters have fans follow them back to the dressing room :mrgreen: (Ok, now where's the GROUPIES!)

Competed in Interpretive, trying to break into Freeskate.

Muskoka Skater
01-25-2008, 06:29 AM
I'm trainging to become a famous skater and to skate at the olympics!! Great Poll question by the way. I am currently a Jr.Silver ladie, but I'm still trying to get that Pre Novice!!

Helen88
01-25-2008, 12:58 PM
I put training to compete...because that's what I want to eventually do. I mean, I do it for fun obviously, because I love it. But 'famous' is a relative term. I want people (people I KNOW) to understand that when I say I skate, I don't mean I skate around in circles on dodgy rental skates - I mean I work hard, I turn down invites, I spent spare time doing off ice training because skating is something I'm passionate about. I've never loved anything so much in my life. Figure skating for me isn't a hobbie, it's something I would get up at 5.00am on a Saturday morning for. It's something I accept bruises for, sliced fingers, twisted ankles and flicking between hot and cold for. Something I never want to loose. So I don't want to be known at the girl who wins medals and can land impressive jumps. I want to be known as the girl who worked hard to believe in her dream, and never gave up, even when things seemed impossible. Because I love it.

jskater49
01-25-2008, 01:56 PM
I train to compete for fun and I'm very famous around these parts. I was even on the morning news show a few weeks ago.

j

Skate@Delaware
01-26-2008, 09:12 AM
I train for fun, and for shows. I do compete but it's on the ISI track. And I just switched over to "spotlight" which is like doing a solo show routine....in competition!!!!

I'm already famous at my rink!!! EVERYONE knows Ms. Terry!!!!!!!8-)

miraclegro
01-28-2008, 04:25 PM
Well, as an adult Silver level skater, i want to skate the BEST i can for the elements in my level. I want a gold medal at least once in this category, and i want Silver at State games this summer!

Famous? I am more famous for being "Alvin" from the Alvin and the Chipmunks holiday show number last year! I had to laugh at that question!