View Full Version : Jerry's Skatewear Sizing

abbi_1990
01-23-2008, 02:36 PM
Hi,

I am looking at purchasing the Demi-Modern Skirt made by Jerry's Skatewear.

I have found a sizing chart for the skirt and my measurements are at the beginning-middle of the 12-14 years size. What i want to know is, do the garments run true to the measurements (inches) that are given in the sizing chart? e.g if it says that the skirt will fit someone who is 24-26.5 inches at the waist and 30-34.5 inches at the hips, will it really fit someone of those dimensions?

I have heard rumours that skating clothes run small so i dont want to order it and it be too small. On the other hand, the next size up costs more because of VAT.......

TIA

FlyAndCrash
01-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Most skatewear runs small compared to street clothes, not to the measurements provided through the company. I'm sure if you fit in the lower end of the scale, you should be fine.

abbi_1990
01-23-2008, 03:09 PM
i take a child age 11-12 years in street trousers and a UK adult size 4 or 6 in tee shirts and jumpers if that helps. (kids sizes tee's fit but are too baggy around the waist)

mikawendy
01-23-2008, 06:50 PM
I have a Jerry's dress ("Renaissance") and I probably could have gotten a size smaller than I usually wear in skating clothes. The size I have fits okay but is a bit on the roomy side.

I love their dresses--very body flattering and elegant.

herniated
01-24-2008, 12:51 PM
I ordered from them - a couple of years ago and my dress was 'roomy' too. And I followed their size chart.

patatty
01-24-2008, 05:03 PM
I have a Jerry's dress. It seems to run a bit wide, but the length was good. I'm very long waisted, so I was happy to find a dress that actually fit in the girth. I would definitely not order larger than your measurements.

abbi_1990
01-25-2008, 08:52 AM
for some reason the place i ordered from decided to send me an adult S instead of age 12-14. grrrr, not happy.

i tried it on and the pants are baggy at the bottom.

do you think i should return it and get the smaller size?

Thin-Ice
01-28-2008, 02:53 AM
Yes... you don't want to increase the risk of catching a toepick in the fabric at the bottom of your pants.