View Full Version : Bracknell 08

Caris
01-22-2008, 07:32 PM
I know it's a little early, but I'm thinking of possibly doing this if I'm feeling brave enough!

I will go in at under level one, and unless the rules change the requirements are as follows......

Skaters must perform a well balanced program with linking steps, comprising only single jumps.
No combinations or sequences are permitted
No axel flip or lutz jumps are permitted
Max 2 basic position spins with no change of foot or position

Could someone who has been there done that help me out on this a little?

Does the sequences part refer only to jumps, as in is it ok to have a spiral sequence or a step sequence? In some of the other levels it specifically states you must have a step sequence, so I'm unsure :?:

Also, what is acceptable as a basic position spin please so I know what there is to pick from!

Many thanks :D

Mrs Redboots
01-23-2008, 07:16 AM
Husband entered under Level 1 two years ago (by last year, he was over-qualified!) and had a step sequence; I think the "no sequences" requirement is only for jumps. He took out the salchow-cherry combo he'd had for the Mountain Cup, and substituted a single sal, and then put a 3-jump where he'd had a single sal before, and it worked very well.

Good luck; if it's not too horrendously early in the morning, I expect we'll be there to cheer you on!

airyfairy76
01-23-2008, 07:33 AM
When is Bracknell this year?

Mrs Redboots
01-23-2008, 07:42 AM
According to NISA's website, it's booked for 26 and 27 June.

BatikatII
01-23-2008, 08:00 PM
I know it's a little early, but I'm thinking of possibly doing this if I'm feeling brave enough!

Skaters must perform a well balanced program with linking steps, comprising only single jumps.
No combinations or sequences are permitted
No axel flip or lutz jumps are permitted
Max 2 basic position spins with no change of foot or position

Could someone who has been there done that help me out on this a little?

Does the sequences part refer only to jumps, as in is it ok to have a spiral sequence or a step sequence? In some of the other levels it specifically states you must have a step sequence, so I'm unsure :?:

Also, what is acceptable as a basic position spin please so I know what there is to pick from!

Many thanks :D

Be brave - I'm sure you'll enjoy it (even if only when it's over!) Bracknell open is usually well run and it's a lovely warm rink! Too warm some days! And adult comps are pretty friendly too.

Sequence part refers to a jump sequence so you can have a spiral or step sequence but if it doesnt' have it in the requirements you don't have to put one in - but you'll likely score better if you do.

Basic position spins could be an upright spin, sit spin, back spin (my current nemesis:evil: ), camel if you can do one. Most people at that level would probably do a forward upright but if you can do one of the others well enough to go in then it's worth putting in.