View Full Version : Field Moves

LW*
01-20-2008, 04:17 PM
Hi, does anyone know what moves are required for the first few levels of the current UK NISA field moves tests? The whole test system has changed so drastically since I last had lessons or took any tests!

Thanks in advance :D

Mrs Redboots
01-20-2008, 05:33 PM
I only know the level 3 ones, I'm afraid, and one or two of the lower ones. The coaches have them in their manuals; your best bet would be to ask.

FYI, the level 3 moves (and I'm not sure of the correct order) are:

Forward Russian stroking: you push off into crossovers (or runs, if you're a dancer), then push on to a left inside edge which you hold for half the length of the rink, then you do a l-over-r crossover or run and push on to a right inside edge which you hold for the second half of the length of the rink, runs round the end and repeat three times (2 circuits of the rink).

"All the 3s", or what the Americans call, I believe, 3s in the field: You start with (say) a LFO3 turn, hold the edge back to the line, then do a RBI3. After two repeats of which you should be on the centre red line (yeah, right!), whereupon you change feet and do RFO3 and LBI3; run round the edge and then do 1/2 length each of LFI3/RBO3 and RFI3/LBO3. I'm not sure of the exact order of the 3-turns, actually, but it's something like that.

Forward spirals: you push off on to an outside edge on one foot, then change edge with a toe-tap (you don't have to do change-edge spirals) to be an inside edge on the other foot, then change feet (and edges, starting on an inside edge on that foot, then to outside); you then run round the end and repeat on the other side on opposite feet. Again, I'm not sure of the correct order of the spirals.

Changes of edge: From a moving start you push on to a LFO edge, changing to LFI, then a run, then RFO-I and repeat, run round the edge and push off on to a RFI edge, changing to RFO, then run, then LFI-O and repeat.

peanutskates
01-21-2008, 10:40 AM
level 1 (free)

crossovers in a figure of 8, forward and back, around the centre circle
spirals across 1/2 the rink (change of leg halfway)
landing position around the centre circle
FI and FO edges around the rink

airyfairy76
01-21-2008, 01:44 PM
level 1 (free)

crossovers in a figure of 8, forward and back, around the centre circle
spirals across 1/2 the rink (change of leg halfway)
landing position around the centre circle

That's Level 1 Field Moves, not Freestyle
;)

fsk8r
01-21-2008, 02:30 PM
Level 2 to give you the first three tests is:

1 length backward outside edges (half circles)
1 length backward inside edges (half circles and big ones not little ones).
1 length forward crossrolls
1 length backward crossrolls
FO 3's around the circle. (min 4) both ways.
FI3, step forward swing. (Min 4) both ways around the circle.
And then mohawk sequence of LFO, push to RFI, mohawk to LBI, crossover, step forward and repeat back the other way. One circuit of the rink of that one.

Helen88
01-21-2008, 03:09 PM
I've been looking for these too...I know you wanted Field Moves but I thought these might helpl someone (got them off Yahoo...not sure how reliable but they sound right):

Level 1 Field Moves:
Crossovers in a figure of 8, forward and back, around the centre circle
Spirals across 1/2 the rink (change of leg halfway)
Landing position around the centre circle

Level 1 Elements:
Perimeter Skating
Toe loop OR salchow
3 jump
Straight line step sequence
Forward upright spin (min 3 revs)
Spirals on a curve

Level 1 Free Skate:
1.5 mins programme (to include 1 spin, 2 different jumps, 1 spiral and 1 step sequence)

Level 1 Compulsory Dances:
Novice Foxtrot and Rhythm Blues

Mrs Redboots
01-22-2008, 07:08 AM
Just to complete the set of Level 1 tests:

Level 1 Variation dance: Rhythm Blues

Level 1 Free Dance: 1 minute (I think; they may have changed this to 1 minute 30 seconds to match up with what is asked for in competition)

frbskate63
01-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Level 1 Free Dance: 1 minute (I think; they may have changed this to 1 minute 30 seconds to match up with what is asked for in competition)

It's 1.30 now for all levels from 1 to 6. I think there are still no specific requirements at the lowest level, but by level 6, you have to include a step sequence, a spin, and double twizzles.

Fiona

Mrs Redboots
01-23-2008, 07:13 AM
It's 1.30 now for all levels from 1 to 6. I think there are still no specific requirements at the lowest level, but by level 6, you have to include a step sequence, a spin, and double twizzles.

Fiona
Thanks! If this new free dance is a success, I might see if Coach2 will put us in for Level 2 with it. At least we don't need double twizzles - we do now have relatively respectable singles, and will put at least one, and perhaps two, at the start of the step sequence.

Does anybody else choreograph new routines/dances while they're trying to go to sleep?

Thin-Ice
01-23-2008, 07:48 AM
Choregraph when going to sleep... "run"/visualize finished programs and corrections before going to sleep... design costumes before going to sleep... cut music before going to sleep... practice moves (in my head) before going to sleep... try new arm positions (not just in my head) before going to sleep. It doesn't leave much time for sleep.. but it sure makes me happy (and I have to think it helps my skating... since I spend so much time focusing on all the details!)