View Full Version : WFSC EG Picken Pro-Am Dance Classic Competition

jenlyon60
01-17-2008, 04:33 AM
The 15th annual Edward G Picken Pro-Am Dance Classic Competition will be held on 6-7 Jun 2008 at Skatequest Reston, Reston, Virginia.

The announcement is available at the Washington Figure Skating Club website, www.wfsc.net

Hope to see lots of dancers this year!

mdvask8r
01-17-2008, 10:40 AM
June 6-7 is Friday & Saturday -- just wanted to make sure this is correct? In the past it has been Saturday & Sunday, I believe.

jenlyon60
01-17-2008, 11:59 AM
Yes, Friday/Saturday is correct. For the past 3-4 years it has been Friday thru Sunday.

Because we have so many out-of-towners, Sunday scheduling was problematical due to having to juggle schedule around travel plans (for skaters and judges). Thus we chose to go with Friday and Saturday.

Also, new this year is the Barbara Shaw trophy, which will be awarded to the skater placing first in Pre-Silver age group IV (50 and over). This is our first trophy event specifically for adult dancers-- we've had adult dancers win other trophy events in the past, but often the younger skaters skating with their coaches are the trophy recipients.

Rob Dean
01-17-2008, 04:39 PM
I don't have to try for any special scheduling requests this year, so I hope to be there. :) Since you're the POC for the forms, I'll say that I expect to be putting mine in close to the deadline, as I'm hoping to be ready for a higher level. By the time I get to the pre-Silver, I'll be eligible to compete for the trophy. :)

Rob

jenlyon60
01-17-2008, 05:34 PM
I expect that more of the entry forms will come in closer to the deadline than will not.

Good luck on your tests... you can always skate up to Pre-Silver. We only have a "can't skate lower than" restriction, no cap.