View Full Version : What is your event

littlekateskate
01-13-2008, 05:14 PM
I know we have had tons of threads like this. But I dont remember just seeing a general poll. If so feel free to drop this. :) You can vote more than once.

mikawendy
01-13-2008, 05:37 PM
I put singles (freestyle) as my event, but I also love the little events at competitions, such as compulsory moves, MIF, spins, and especially team events. Team events are so much fun--and everyone cheers and yells as loud for the other teams as for theirs.

jcookie1982
01-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Adult test/fun, but hopefully competing one day, and synchro.

Kim to the Max
01-14-2008, 07:11 PM
I am a singles skater. I skated as a kid so, I put youth, but I am currently 27, so I also put adult...I mainly test and skate for myself, but I will probably end up doing some exhibitions. Coach is also trying to get me to do the adult synchro team...that mainly depends on $$$, but I may bite that bullet as a reward if I lose another 15-20 pounds (I'm already down 20!) before the beginning of next season....

--Kim

icedancer2
01-14-2008, 08:28 PM
I'm an adult tester - never really competed except for one year of synchro, which KILLED my body!!

You didn't mention Moves - these are also something a lot of skaters do whether they compete or not.

I do dance, moves and figures and am mostly interested in what makes up the core of basic skating moves.

And I'm also a judge. For tests and non-qualifying competitions.

Fun!

TreSk8sAZ
01-14-2008, 09:44 PM
I'm adult competitive in both singles and dance. Though, when I started competing I was too young for adult and skated standard track. I still test standard track as well for MITF.

myste12
01-15-2008, 10:48 AM
I skate singles. I test standard track, and compete in Adult Gold.

JulieN
01-19-2008, 01:41 AM
I would have to put synchro as my event, as this will be my 15th appearance at Synchro Nationals! I've also competed 3 times as a dance competitor and once in freestyle at Adult Nationals.

Skate@Delaware
01-19-2008, 07:42 AM
I'm doing a spotlight event (only) this year, since my injury has prevented me from doing anything complicated for freestyle (yeah no crossovers).

although skating to sit on a chair and gliding on it seems fairly complicated to me!!!! ;)