View Full Version : Which Brand of skates do you have?

skatergee01
01-12-2008, 06:41 AM
What brand are your skates? Mine are I-SK8.
Don't hold back, Tell me!

Sessy
01-12-2008, 06:52 AM
mine are graf with coronation ace blades

sue123
01-12-2008, 07:05 AM
I have Riedell's, which fit me much better than my old Jackson's did.

Isk8NYC
01-12-2008, 08:31 AM
What brand are your skates? Mine are I-SK8.
Don't hold back, Tell me!
Never heard of I-SK8 brand skates.

I wear custom Klingbeil's with Gold Seal blades for freestyle.
My soon-to-be Patch skates are also custom Klingbeil's (an old pair) with Pattern 99 blades.)

emkayy
01-12-2008, 08:40 AM
I have custom Klingbeils as well, soon to be custom Harlicks though. The blade on the Klingbeils is MK Pro and the blade on the Harlicks will be MK Vision.

techskater
01-12-2008, 09:04 AM
Custom Harlicks with MK Phantom blades.

amyvw
01-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Currently, Harlick Competitor with MK Single Star blades.

Soon to be Harlick customs (horrible, mutant feet!) and MK Professional or Coronation Ace blades (still deciding). :)

Kim to the Max
01-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Harlick Finalists (stock boot), with Coronation Comet blades

Helen88
01-12-2008, 10:52 AM
Belatis (stock boots) with uh...whatever blades they came from :roll:.

montanarose
01-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Harlick High-Testers with MK Pro blades . . . but lusting after a pair of custom Klingbeils :mrgreen: with new blades to be determined :roll:

montanarose

myste12
01-12-2008, 12:39 PM
I skate in Riedell 1500's with Phantom blades.

Love them!!! The heel lock in these boots is the only thing that's ever stopped my heel from slipping.

abbi_1990
01-12-2008, 03:17 PM
WIFA prima with John Wilson Excel blades, soon to be Coronation Aces

Isk8NYC - I-SK8 brand skates are a new make of low end cheaper boots that you will find on ebay and the internet.

froggy
01-12-2008, 08:33 PM
custom harlicks and coronation ace blades

xofivebyfive
01-12-2008, 11:09 PM
harlicks with phantom blades

SkatingOnClouds
01-13-2008, 01:52 AM
Currently in Graf Galaxy with 24 year old Phantom blades.
About to be replaced with Jackson Proflex and Ultima Mtrix Freestyle runners.

ibreakhearts66
01-13-2008, 04:20 AM
currently custom klingbeils and coronation aces. soon to be ultima freestyles or elites...not sure which ones i decided to order lol

Scarlett
01-13-2008, 05:40 AM
SP Teri Super Teri Deluxe with MK Professional K-Pick soon to be replaced with a larger but narrower pair of SP-Teri Super Teris with MK Professional blades

skatergee01
01-13-2008, 06:12 AM
Never heard of I-SK8 brand skates.

I wear custom Klingbeil's with Gold Seal blades for freestyle.
My soon-to-be Patch skates are also custom Klingbeil's (an old pair) with Pattern 99 blades.)

www.isk8.biz

Theyre nothing totally fancy but i'm really new to skating so theyre something to start off with because I CANNOT USE HIRE SKATES.
Who's with me!

Clarice
01-13-2008, 08:35 AM
I had never heard of the I-SK8 brand until now, either, but I also started in a similar pair of recreational skates with PVC (plastic) uppers. I skated in them for about two months, then bought a pair of entry-level Jacksons. The plastic uppers didn't support my ankles enough to even do 3-turns, and the quality of the blades was low and they didn't hold a sharpening very well. I hope this brand is of better quality than what I had. All the same, if you're serious about skating, you're going to have to upgrade to better skates sooner than you think. In my case, the rental skates, though uncomfortable, were actually of better quality than what I bought. I know that boots and blades can be expensive, but having proper equipment is kinder to your feet in the long run. You don't have to go top-of-the-line - talk to your pro shop about what brand/model of skate is appropriate for your size and level of skating.

sk8_4fun
01-13-2008, 02:34 PM
Wifa Synchro with Coronation Ace blades

skatergee01
01-13-2008, 02:44 PM
I had never heard of the I-SK8 brand until now, either, but I also started in a similar pair of recreational skates with PVC (plastic) uppers. I skated in them for about two months, then bought a pair of entry-level Jacksons. The plastic uppers didn't support my ankles enough to even do 3-turns, and the quality of the blades was low and they didn't hold a sharpening very well. I hope this brand is of better quality than what I had. All the same, if you're serious about skating, you're going to have to upgrade to better skates sooner than you think. In my case, the rental skates, though uncomfortable, were actually of better quality than what I bought. I know that boots and blades can be expensive, but having proper equipment is kinder to your feet in the long run. You don't have to go top-of-the-line - talk to your pro shop about what brand/model of skate is appropriate for your size and level of skating.

Yes. mine are PVC, but theyre very reliable.

Clarice
01-13-2008, 04:43 PM
Yes. mine are PVC, but theyre very reliable.

Maybe for now, but they won't be for more advanced skills.

herniated
01-13-2008, 04:45 PM
Custom Klingbeils with Pattern 99 blades:D

icedancer2
01-13-2008, 05:24 PM
SP Teri Dance Boot with MK Dance blade. The thin ones!8-)

skatergee01
01-14-2008, 02:48 AM
Maybe for now, but they won't be for more advanced skills.

I'm buying some EDEA New england when my feet grow and I get more advanced. ATM i'm just doing the basics. I've only used my I-SK8 four times.
theyre fine for what i'm doing now.

Clarice
01-14-2008, 07:48 AM
I'm buying some EDEA New england when my feet grow and I get more advanced. ATM i'm just doing the basics. I've only used my I-SK8 four times.
theyre fine for what i'm doing now.

Yes, they probably are fine for what you're doing now. Great! Go as far as you can with them! I just wanted to warn you that your next pair would probably have to be something with more support. It sounds like you have a plan for that (though do check with a fitter to make sure the EDEAs are a good fit for your feet - try other brands, too). It always makes me sad when I see people who have trouble doing things on the ice because their skates just aren't up to the job. Glad you're not going to be one of them!

skatergee01
01-20-2008, 06:01 AM
Yes, they probably are fine for what you're doing now. Great! Go as far as you can with them! I just wanted to warn you that your next pair would probably have to be something with more support. It sounds like you have a plan for that (though do check with a fitter to make sure the EDEAs are a good fit for your feet - try other brands, too). It always makes me sad when I see people who have trouble doing things on the ice because their skates just aren't up to the job. Glad you're not going to be one of them!

Thankyou Clarice :) You seem very sensible and that's cool !:)

Gareth
01-20-2008, 08:34 AM
Im in Riedell 1500HLS Specials and Wilson 4 Aces. Will be up grading to MK phantom or Gold star in the next few weeks though.

debrag
01-20-2008, 10:05 AM
Riedell 110

SynchroSk8r114
01-20-2008, 12:56 PM
I wear custom lightweight Harlicks in Holiday Tan (for synchro mainly). I've always worn custom Harlicks because I have very narrow feet (AA front, AAAA heel), and I've never had a single problem with them!

hepcat
01-21-2008, 10:32 AM
I finally bit the bullet and got fitted for custom SP Teris. I have a C width ball of my foot and an A width heel, plus my feet are two different lengths. I'm hoping this will get me over the trouble I've had getting my skates to fit. Unfortunately, I'm without skates until they're finished being made, though. :(

Ice Dancer
01-21-2008, 01:08 PM
Risport RF4 with Ultima Mark IV blades. I love them!