View Full Version : Direct from Moscow

kander
01-11-2008, 10:13 PM
I just got back from Las Vegas where I saw the ice show in the Riviera, "Direct from Russia". Has anybody else seen this? It was more circus acts on ice than ice skating, but some of the tricks they did were very impressive. One guy put blades on the end of sticks and skated with his hands only holding on to the sticks. The also did the "flip the guy on the end of the ramp" trick. One guy did a double back flip and another landed in a chair at the top of a 20 foot pole. Another guy rolled himself up in a curtain and suspended himself 20 or 30 feet in the air. He then unrolled himself all the way down to the ice (with no safety or support equipment) It must be hard enough to do it under normal circumstances, but they did it on ice with skates on.

JulieN
01-12-2008, 01:10 AM
I saw this while in Vegas last month -- we bought the tickets thru the half price ticket booth. I thought the show was OK but needed better choreography. My elderly parents really enjoyed it!

Bill_S
01-12-2008, 07:36 AM
... ... One guy did a double back flip and another landed in a chair at the top of a 20 foot pole. Another guy rolled himself up in a curtain ... (with no safety or support equipment) ... but they did it on ice with skates on.

Learning this must be a form of population control in Russia.

Sessy
01-12-2008, 08:16 AM
No wonder Russia is struggling with a demographic crisis...