View Full Version : Lace holder

black
01-09-2008, 12:31 PM
Other than tucking the laces into the boot or wearing boot covers, has anybody suggestions/recommendations on keeping laces out-of-the-way while skating?

herniated
01-09-2008, 12:36 PM
Personally, I hate tucking the laces into the boot. It annoys me. What I do is after I'm finished lacing my skates I wrap the loops of the bow around the hooks. If your laces are too long it won't work. Sometimes I twist the lace first before I wrap it around the hooks.

myste12
01-09-2008, 12:37 PM
Once I lace up to the top hook, I lace back down the next two to use up excess lace. I started doing it as an attempt to tighten a pair of boots that were loose in the heel and kept doing it in my new ones because it looks nice and neat.

flippet
01-09-2008, 05:13 PM
As others mentioned, "butterfly" tying does take up the extra lace. I tie my skates off, then stretch the bowtie loops around two or three sets of hooks, pull it tight, then make another bowtie.

If I find I still need the laces controlled after that, since I wear nylon footies instead of tights or socks, I just fold the top of the nylons down over the laces.

I imagine something like a stretchy sweatband might work too, if you put them over your ankle before putting your skates on, then pulled them down over the laces.