View Full Version : Ok,Kids!!!!! Time to tell about yourself as a skater.

FSWer
01-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Ok Kids!!!!! I thought I'd ask everyone to tell about themselves as a skater. Please name your Discipline(s) and level(s). Since I'm a skater now, I'll start. I'm 40 yrs. old and a Learn to Skate Adult 1 level Skater. If I enroll again I'll be at Adult 1 again still. I own my own pair of skates. I found my balance the first day at Learn to Skate. I also hope to get Passes to Newington Ice Arena. Ok Kids....GO!!!!!!

SynchroSk8r114
01-09-2008, 08:51 AM
I'm 22 yrs. old and have been skating for 13 years. Currently, I'm working on:
- Intermediate freestyle (testing sometime soon!)
- Gold dances (taking my first one - the Viennese - soon!)

I passed my Senior MIF three years ago, which was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. :mrgreen:

In addition to singles skating, I also skate on my university's open collegiate synchronized skating team. We're actually preparing to compete at Mid-America this weekend and Easterns in two weeks. We're back and better than ever and ready for a great season! :D

I also coach; I've been coaching for about eight years. I teach USFSA privates and ISI group lessons, although I prefer to teach USFSA because that's what I have more experience with. (I was never an ISI skater.) I absolutely love working with kids and teaching skaters of all ages and abilities how to skate while instilling in them a love for the sport through life lessons.

myste12
01-09-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm 26 and have skated on and off for 14 years now. I compete Adult Gold, and I just passed my junior moves. This year, I'm hoping to pass senior moves and get my double loop fully rotated! I also coach ISI classes at my home rink.

jcookie1982
01-09-2008, 07:16 PM
I'm 25, and have been skating for fun since I was 4 years old, but seriously started lessons when I was 23. I was working on pre-bronze freestyle and MIF before I got pregnant 7 months ago.

My 4 year old daughter has been taking lessons for a few months now, and is in Tot 3.

blackmanskating
01-09-2008, 08:01 PM
I'm 25 been skating for 23 months now. My 2 year skating anniversary is next month!!! I'm working on my bronze and silver moves and freestyle. I passed Pre-Bronze Moves and FS in August. Hoping to test my Bronze and Silver moves in the next few months.

BlackManSkating

Tiara
01-09-2008, 11:29 PM
I'm 23 years old and started skating about 2 months ago. I am just about to enter Alpha level in LTS. I am excited to get to the freestyle level, and will make that my goal for the year.

ibreakhearts66
01-10-2008, 02:24 AM
i'm 17. i started skating about 5 years ago, but took about 2.5 years off. so total i've actually skated for about 2.5-3 years. right now i'm working on getting my hip fixed up so i can get back on the ice! but before surgery i was working on double flip, double lutz and double axel (with a few attempts at triple sal and loop). but, you'll love this, i still have only tested preliminary. oops! :oops: i absolutely love skating. it's the one thing that always makes me happy.

Rusty Blades
01-10-2008, 06:30 AM
I am 58 and will have been skating for 2 years on January 18th. I passed my Pre-Introductory Interpretive test at (Canadian) Nationals this past spring and am working on Bronze Free and Introductory Interpretive programs for this year's Nationals in April.

xofivebyfive
01-11-2008, 01:18 PM
I am 16, will be 17 in exactly one month and I have been skating for less than 2 years. I have had lyme disease for 2 and a half years which is difficult but I manage. I am, ISI 4 , but am working on axel, double loop, double salchow, flying camel and flying sit. (double attempts not going well because the IV in my arm throws off my balance LOL)

Oh and I have met 2 people in real life that I met on message boards first. One is my best friend now, and the other is a skater.

Lisa M.
01-11-2008, 01:54 PM
I am 35 and just hit my 1 year anniversary Jan 6. I am a freestyle 1 (almost 2) skater working on my Pre-Bronze test coming up at the beginning of March. I have no hope of passing at the moment! I am currently trying to get that pesky backspin and a good set of revs on my scratch spin. I am also refining the lack of balance on my 3turns. I love skating and am at the rink almost every day. It gives me a break from military life (Navy).

techskater
01-12-2008, 08:35 AM
Lisa M - backspin and fwd scratch are Bronze FS test requirements. PB is 2 ft and 1 ft spin.

emkayy
01-12-2008, 08:43 AM
I'm 17, I started skating 2 years ago in March, didn't really get serious till this summer. I've passed pre-pre, I'm working on my lutz (darn thing isn't consistent), axel, backspin, back camel, and brackets (because it's going to take me years to get them good enough to pass novice!)

techskater
01-12-2008, 09:05 AM
Uh, brackets are on the Intermediate MIF test first (brackets in the field).

Kim to the Max
01-12-2008, 09:41 AM

Actually, there is a bracket pattern on the novice test....bracket-3-bracket (or quick brackets, depending on who you are talking to)....that pattern was on the intermediate test once upon a time, but they moved it to incorporate the brackets in the field pattern on intermediate...

amyvw
01-12-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm 39, skated for fun as a kid (on an outdoor pond, mostly) and then started taking lessons as an adult (at age 22, I think?). Progressed myself up to freestyle and I think I made it to freestyle 2 (if memory serves) before I stopped and took a break when I had my babies. Fast forward 12 years (!!!) and I got cajoled into taking a group adult class while my girls were taking their lessons and the skating bug bit me all over again. Went and got fitted two weeks ago for new skates to replace my now too small/too narrow Harlick Competitors and hope to be tearing up the ice again in a few weeks. :D

Kim to the Max
01-12-2008, 10:27 AM
I'm 27, and just started skating again in September. I skated as a kid from 5th grade through high school. Competed for a few years and then when my coach moved, decided that I just wanted to test. Taught LTS lessons all through high school. I pretty much stopped skating when I was in college, grad school, and my first 2 years in my professional position.

I have tested through my Preliminary free and my Juvenile moves, and will be testing pre-juv free on February 29th and Intermediate moves on February 1st. I am landing all of my jumps that I had when I was younger, and am very close to landing my axel. Many of the skaters at the rink I skate at can't believe that I have gotten as far as I have in such a short time after not skating for so long.

Helen88
01-12-2008, 10:50 AM
I'm 13, skated for about 2 years, had group lessons/one-on-one coaching for about a year. Almost finished Skate UK (just a step sequence to do), starting on Passport at the minute. I love skating, it's like my heart and soul, and it's the only thing that makes me happy sometimes. If I'm hobbling round clutching a walking stick and frame when I'm 85, I'll still get myself on that ice :roll:.

techskater
01-12-2008, 11:55 AM
Actually, there is a bracket pattern on the novice test....bracket-3-bracket (or quick brackets, depending on who you are talking to)....that pattern was on the intermediate test once upon a time, but they moved it to incorporate the brackets in the field pattern on intermediate...

I meant the first time you see brackets is on Intermediate. I know there are brackets on the Novice test. I hate that move the most of the patterns.

emkayy
01-12-2008, 02:08 PM

I'm talking about the bracket-3-bracket on the novice test, thanks. I can do the brackets in the field alright but the bracket-3-bracket is going to take me a longg time to get.

Lisa M.
01-12-2008, 03:01 PM
Lisa M - backspin and fwd scratch are Bronze FS test requirements. PB is 2 ft and 1 ft spin. Thanks. I am actually getting ready for my PB moves test. The FS test I can pass, but the rules say Moves test first.

RinkRat321
01-12-2008, 04:43 PM
i've been skating for 2 years. i have my axel, 2sal, & 2loop and im really close to getting my 2flip & toe. Uh im not that great at spinning. my hardest spins are I-spin and flying sit. i've tested through preliminary moves and im working on pre juv and juvenille

Muskoka Skater
01-25-2008, 06:35 AM
I am 12yrs old and turning 13 on February 9th
I began skating at 5
In the past year I have passed: Sr.Silver Skill and Sr.Bronze Freeskate I just recently passed my Gold skill and my Jr.Silver freeskate
My favourite jump is the double lutz