View Full Version : finally made a youtube account!!!

*JennaD*
01-05-2008, 09:02 PM
hey guys!

so i finally made a youtube account!

here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/doublefsharp

I only have one video up right now but more will be coming soon! :P

kander
01-06-2008, 12:36 AM
hey guys!

so i finally made a youtube account!

here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/doublefsharp

I only have one video up right now but more will be coming soon! :P

Looks good. Do you find off ice axels help on the ice? It's been my experience that the jump is too different on the ice vs on the ground to be helpful for me.

On a side note, I had one of my worst injuries practicing the same off ice jump you were doing (jump straight up from a standing position and rotate twice). I rolled my ankle. I thought I broke it8O I think off ice jumping is more dangerous.

*JennaD*
01-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Looks good. Do you find off ice axels help on the ice? It's been my experience that the jump is too different on the ice vs on the ground to be helpful for me.

On a side note, I had one of my worst injuries practicing the same off ice jump you were doing (jump straight up from a standing position and rotate twice). I rolled my ankle. I thought I broke it8O I think off ice jumping is more dangerous.

oooh geez...I hope your ankle is ok now!! lol yeah jumping off ice is kinda dangerous I guess...I find it sort of helps me get my positions straight though before I try the jump on the ice

Sessy
01-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Just yesterday, during our Nationals, a girl broke her ankle doing off-ice jumps in the hallway.

Morgail
01-06-2008, 03:59 PM
I left you a comment & subscribed to your videos:)

Just yesterday, during our Nationals, a girl broke her ankle doing off-ice jumps in the hallway.

That's awful! Talk about disappointing.

blackmanskating
01-07-2008, 04:16 PM

Hey Kevin!!! In my experience with off ice jumping, the feeling of rotation and the weight transfer are very similar. The take off and the landing is another story. Those feel very different. Off ice axels I just step forward and jump. On ice axels require you to wait on the edge until the right moment and then jump off the toepick. Holding a landing position off ice can be dangerous with multi-rotational jumps, so I kind of hop a little to reduce some of that torque that wants to tear your knee apart. There is also more surface area on a shoe compared to a blade so it is more forgiving if you are a little off axis. A blade is harder land on. Making it look easy and effortless is a whole other animal in itself. So I wouldn't say that off ice jumps are completely useless. They help with feeling the rotation but not much else. That's just my opinion.

By the way Jenna, the videos look great. Keep up the good work!!

BlackManSkating