View Full Version : Risport skates

jcookie1982
01-01-2008, 12:33 PM
For those of you that have Risport skates, how do they run in relation to your normal shoe size? I wear the same size skate in riedells and Jacksons as I do shoes, so I was just wondering if risports run bigger. I have heard that they are very narrow.

NickiT
01-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Yes, certainly in my experience they ran very narrow. I made the mistake of buying from the rink shop and not getting fitted correctly. Four years down the line I visited the skate fitter who measured my feet and found I was in skates way too big to accommodate the narrowness. I had my suspicions as my heal was lifting on jumps, but the improvement on my spins was instant the moment I switched to correctly fitted boots - I went down quite a bit in blade length and actually had the right part of my foot over the right part of the blade for spinning. So my advice to anyone is to get fitted properly.

Nicki

Ice Dancer
01-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Mine are exactly the same size as my normal shoe size, they were fitted at the pro shop, and I haven't found them narrow. They are probably the most comfortable footwear I own in fact!

Sessy
01-01-2008, 01:30 PM
mine are my shoe size (I have graf now but I kept the old boots for roller skates)

sk8tegirl06
01-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Mine are 5.5 (I think) The European size on the bottom is 245. My shoe size is anywhere from 8-8.5. Though I have had them stretched before which is the only reason I am still in them.

Kim to the Max
01-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Sorry, I didn't read the question :)

Helen88
01-01-2008, 03:46 PM
I don't actually have Risports (Belatis), but I did try them on, a size bigger (then) than my current shoe size, and they were much too narrow.

Mrs Redboots
01-02-2008, 05:59 AM
Risports are narrow, i think - daughter's first pair were, and she was so surprised when she upgraded to a "new" (still 2nd-hand) pair that "actually didn't hurt!"