View Full Version : Does anyone skate at the Wilmington, NC rink?

looplover
12-29-2007, 10:26 AM
I am feeling realllllllly landlocked here in the Triangle (I lived practically on the water in FL).

I could probably transfer my job to our Wilmington office, but oh! There goes my AOSS again. If I live there, I only have one rink at which to skate, and what if something happens and there are NO rinks. I think that did happen in SC?

So...how is that Wilmington rink, anyway...coaches for adults, etc...and is it financially doing well? I do miss the days when I'd skate in the afternoon and then head to the beach for sunset....

Morgail
12-31-2007, 01:17 PM
Hi - I don't have much for you, but I did skate there a few times this past summer when I was on a vacation. My impression was that the club is relatively new - I'm not sure if it's doing well or not.

I skated on the rink's freestyle ice. None of the sessions were very crowded. A few I went to were nearly empty, and the most crowded one had about 15 skaters. I never saw another adult figure skater, but that could be because I usually went during the day when most adults are working. I went to two public sessions - they were crazy. I don't know anything about the coaches.

The rink itself is nice; I don't think it's very old. There isn't much of a lobby area, but the ice was good. I think it's owned by a company that owns a few other rinks in NC.

There was someone on here who used to skate there & take lessons, and told me about the rink before i went there. If you do a search, you might be able to pull up my thread where I asked about this rink. I think it's from May or June. :)
ETA: Here it is: http://www.skatingforums.com/showthread.php?t=23723&highlight=wilmington