View Full Version : Did Santa Bring You What You Wished For?

SynchroSk8r114
12-25-2007, 09:12 AM
Just wondering how many of us out there got what they wished for from Santa?

Here's the link to the original wish lists...
http://skatingforums.com/showthread.php?t=25334

My wish list included passing my Blues and Intermediate freestyle at my last test session. I ended up passing my Blues, but unfortunately couldn't test my Intermediate freestyle because my college finals conflicted with the time the skating director scheduled it for, and I couldn't get it moved. Oh well...I really wanted that Blues, so I'm satisfied. Now on to my Gold dances...maybe one of those for Valentine's Day...what do you say, cupid? ;)

jazzpants
12-25-2007, 09:55 AM
Can't say yet on mine. My training session with the celeb trainer will probably be postpone 'til after New Years, though I will have a session at said gym with his backup guy and that's tomorrow. "Be afraid! Be VERY afraid." 8O

As for my NYC coach, that starts Thursday. We'll see if I'm healthy come mid April and AN.

I sorta got much better loops this year. Not consistently loop-loop but at least I'm trying for them. Flips are gonna need a LOT of work to appease the secondary coach. Lutz are royally cheated in take off but occasionally I do land the jumps clean, so I sorta have that one.

Camels are still sucky!!! :frus: Getting new purple Harlicks is pushing it. :twisted:

I did get a bit more confidence with the ice this year and it's showing in terms of speed and flow this year. (Or at least that's what ALL my coaches commented on!) I didn't ask for that this Christmas, but hey, I'll take it!!! :halo: :lol:

Rusty Blades
12-25-2007, 10:40 AM
No, I wanted a single fireman who skates Pairs :evil: - didn't get one :cry:

looplover
12-25-2007, 10:47 AM
No, I want John Zimmerman to clone himself for me and I didn't get one. :twisted: :twisted:

miraclegro
12-25-2007, 11:05 AM
Well, i got a g. certif to a dancewear place. $40 won't go far, but it will buy a little bit.

And a fiberoptic white small tree to hang my skate ornaments on it.

And some goals have been met, and will make some new ones for the new year!

sk8rxforxlife
12-25-2007, 01:06 PM
What type of ice skating things did you guys get for Christmas?

I got:
Skating tights
Bunga Pads
Under Armor
Gloves
Stinkeezs

Isk8NYC
12-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Santa brought me a MaxiFlex and some talcum powder for my skates.
DBNY gave me bright pink skate guards - one piece, just what I wanted!
(Thanks, D!)

dbny
12-25-2007, 01:42 PM
DBNY gave me bright pink skate guards - one piece, just what I wanted!
(Thanks, D!)

Isk8NYC sent me a lesson planner, and the best ice skating Christmas card I've ever seen. Going to frame it! (Thanks right back at you, Isk8!)
I think our packages must have passed each other in the mail :lol:.

Skittl1321
12-25-2007, 01:44 PM
I got a new practice dress from Mainstreet skatewear! It's really pretty- black with pink piping and a triple keyhole back.

jskater49
12-25-2007, 02:06 PM
Well I'm a mom so I give the presents and I get token things my kids can afford. But I did give my daughter a pink underall top but it was too small.

j

liz_on_ice
12-25-2007, 05:53 PM
I got my daughter a remote control zamboni :D

Rusty Blades
12-25-2007, 05:54 PM
I got 2 days off skating!

(Remote control Zamboni? COOL!)

Skate@Delaware
12-25-2007, 07:17 PM
I got my daughter home for Christmas....and she skates so that's good enough for me!!!!

teresa
12-25-2007, 09:36 PM
No, I won't give up trying or hoping though. I'm a persistent pain in the butt.

teresa

kander
12-26-2007, 01:31 AM
I didn't get what I wanted, but my nephew did (a wii!)

SynchroSk8r114
12-26-2007, 07:20 AM
I got a cow-print Zuca bag that won't be here until after X-mas, gloves, polar fleece zip-ups, skating ornaments, and money LOL!

jazzpants
12-26-2007, 09:26 AM
I didn't get what I wanted, but my nephew did (a wii!)
Oh, geez! My little 4 year old niece got a Wii for her b-day about 2 months ago. (I think it's really more for the dad to playand two of my nephews (who are brothers) also got a Wii this Christmas. What the heck is the appeal of this thing anyway? Sure it's wireless remote control but otherwise...:?? Of course, this is a gal that has gone thru her share of Nintendos and Playstations and remembers the days of Atari and "Pong." :roll:

Bill_S
12-26-2007, 09:40 AM
What's a Wii? -- Oh, never mind. If I don't know what it is, I won't want one.

I had wished for free ice time and coaching for the coming year (an ambitious wish indeed).

Even if I had received such a gift from some generous benefactor, it would have gotten off to a slow start this morning when the worker didn't show to open the rink. I went back home.

A lump of coal to any rink worker who leaves customers standing outside a closed rink at 6 a.m.!

Bill_S
12-26-2007, 09:44 AM
A great big plasma HD TV on which I'll watch skating competitions. And many months of payments to be able to call it my own.

Seriously though, the HD broadcasts of skating are REALLY nice!

jazzpants
12-26-2007, 09:56 AM
I got one of those black zipper tops. Of course, the jogging pants that comes with it would come in handy for PJ buttons. :P (It's too big and wide... and would catch the button of the skates.)

flying~camel
12-26-2007, 10:18 AM
I got Mondor zip jacket & zip pants, an Under Armor shirt, gloves and 7 skating ornaments :)

myste12
12-26-2007, 11:05 AM
My grandma wasn't supposed to get me anything else for christmas because she paid for the choreography for my freeskate. But, she found a flannel sheet set with purple ice skates that she couldn't resist. So, I got that and she also made a purple fleece blanket with white ice skates to go with the sheets. I love it!

Morgail
12-26-2007, 12:58 PM
I got a gift certificate to finally buy those over-the-heel skating pants I've been wanting. :D
And a few skating ornaments.
And some money, part of which I'll use to stock up on tights.

TreSk8sAZ
12-26-2007, 01:16 PM
I got a skating ornament, tons of gloves (which I go through like there's no tomorrow), and some new shirts.

ibreakhearts66
12-26-2007, 11:33 PM
haha well i haven't gotten all of my christmas presents--my mom didn't have time so we're just gonna go shopping soon. but i did get the dorothy hamill autobio. i'm like half-way through it, and its good!

i'm hoping to get a skating necklace of some sort, and maybe one of the lindy z jackets (they're on sale too!)

stacyf419
12-27-2007, 05:33 AM
-skating ornaments
-Dorothy's autobiography (finished it already!)
-a 'Kiss my Salchow' tshirt from my sis - wearing it to the rink today - whoohoo!

Next year I'm going to add 'as many Bunga's as you can afford' to my list.

Helen88
12-27-2007, 03:50 PM
-VCR so I can watch all my recorded skating events in my room without boring my parents to death :lol:
-Blades of Glory DVD
-New boot covers - white ones (cos I lost my old ones), and some really bright fuscia pink ones, to match (or clash rather) my equally garish orange ones.