View Full Version : Lake Place ISI Comp. Jan. 18-20

patatty
12-23-2007, 06:39 PM
Are any other adults out there doing this competition? My coach urged me to sign up since she is going, and I convinced my family that we needed a ski vacation at Whiteface that weekend, so I will be there. I registered for Freestyle and Artistic programs, and Compulsory moves, all at FS5, and stroking as well. My husband is giving me grief about it, since that leaves him with our 2 kids by himself on the mountain, but I'm excited to do it. I just hope I'm not the only "big kid" there!

xofivebyfive
12-27-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm probably not what you're looking for, but I'm almost 17 and I'll be at Lake Placid this year competing in 5 events, if everything goes well for me. Which is probably won't.. because I only have one choreographed.. haha I'm FS4 and I'm doing artistic, interpretive, compulsories, spins and footwork.

herniated
12-31-2007, 01:07 PM
patattny, How about your husband and kids watching your events and then you can all go skiing? I'm not going to the event but I used to. It was a lot of fun.

Is this Liz by the way?

patatty
12-31-2007, 04:33 PM
Herniated, thanks for the suggestion, but they laughed at me when I suggested it. I don't have a lot of support for my skating at home. And yes, it is Liz.

sexyskates
12-31-2007, 11:47 PM
HI Liz! I thought that sounded like you. I still vote for the ski school for the kids while you do your programs, unless they do want to watch you of course.
Will you be at Parkwood on Wednesday? I only skated once during the holiday break.

herniated
01-01-2008, 08:15 AM
Thought it might be you with your online name! Well, regarding your family... at least they are coming. It's a start. Wish I could go. My husband and kid would join yours.

As you can see by the new thread I started about who is bringing kids to AN.. no one has responded. Disappointing. But that is the reality of it I guess. Having school age children is a deterrent to compete for many adult skaters. At least to travel to events. I'm fortunate I can do any at all. Believe me I wouldn't have it any other way. Anyway, see you soon.