View Full Version : Coach Problems

sk8rxforxlife
12-15-2007, 06:10 PM
What should I do if my friend and I think are coach is being mean. She thinks, that we are 8. She is nice but I sometimes want to get a new coach. I don't know what to do about this though. I need help and advice.

Debbie S
12-15-2007, 06:20 PM
What do your parents think? Why don't you talk to them about it and get their perspective? Perhaps they can come up with a way for you (and them) to approach the coach outside of lessons and discuss how you feel, and perhaps you can all come up with a solution. The coach may not be aware that she is bothering you.

jskater49
12-15-2007, 06:23 PM
What is your idea of "mean?" What is your idea of treating you like are 8? If she's making you do what she wants you to do and not what you want to do, well I'm an adult and my coach does that.;)

Different coaches have different styles. Chances are she's not trying to be mean, but if it comes off that way to you and isn't motivating you, it may not be a match.

j

emkayy
12-15-2007, 06:44 PM
I think J said it... if she isn't motivating you, it might be you need a new coach with a different teaching style. Hopefully it's not the fact that she's making you work hard, because any good coach will do that so you actually improve. :P I guess try talking to her to see if she knows she's making you feel bad and unmotivated, if you can. I don't really have any other suggestions, maybe someone else will.