View Full Version : NYC Christmas Meetup?

jazzpants
12-11-2007, 02:44 PM
Anyone up for meeting at Aviator Sports while I'm in town. I'm seeing that we'll likely be doing the meetup sometime just after Christmas thru Jan 3rd though. (Unless you wanna do a weekend meetup, then I could do Dec 22-23rd.) :)

Post here and lemme know your availablity, so I can plan for the times that most of you guys can make it!

See you in NYC!!! :mrgreen:

TimDavidSkate
12-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Unless you dont feel like driving and would like to come in at Lasker Rink :halo: :halo: :halo: Wheeeee :mrgreen:

liz_on_ice
12-11-2007, 05:06 PM
<cough><cough>

:D my 40th birthday will be Jan 1. I'd love to celebrate at Aviator with you guys, but I don't know the holiday schedule yet.

jazzpants
12-11-2007, 05:58 PM
<cough><cough>

:D my 40th birthday will be Jan 1. I'd love to celebrate at Aviator with you guys, but I don't know the holiday schedule yet.<cough><cough>

Maybe we both should celebrate our respective b-day, especially since I didn't have much of a celebration back home. (Only had dinner with hubby at my fave restaurant. Both of my other b-day parties fizzled out for various reasons.) :cry:

Sorry Tim... I'm sticking with Aviator (and Chelsea Piers for my lessons.) Of course, depending on circumstances, I might try to make a trip out to the Hack too to meet those who couldn't make the long jaunt out to Aviator as well. No promises though. (I want those hamburgers at White Manna!!! I would so "screw the diet" for those!!! :yum: )

dbny
12-11-2007, 10:56 PM
(Unless you wanna do a weekend meetup, then I could do Dec 22-23rd.)

I will be working (probably all day) on the 22nd and 23rd. The public sessions on those days will not be worth skating on due to unbelievable crowds. They do an ice cut every hour, and in just 50 minutes, you are skating on gravel. Let's not even talk about the huge gouges and assorted garbage on the ice. I'm not dissing the place, just letting you know that with crowds the size they get, no matter what you do, you are always behind.

<cough><cough>

:D my 40th birthday will be Jan 1. I'd love to celebrate at Aviator with you guys, but I don't know the holiday schedule yet.

Happy Birthday in advance! My parents' wedding anniversary was Jan 1. Aviator will most definitely be open that day, and I hope to have the day off.

Let me see if I can find the freestyle schedule for that time period. At best, the freestyles are pretty empty, and at worst, you will get to share the ice with some competitive skaters (sectionals, jr. nats) who will knock your socks off.

jazzpants
12-12-2007, 01:45 AM
I will be working (probably all day) on the 22nd and 23rd. The public sessions on those days will not be worth skating on due to unbelievable crowds. They do an ice cut every hour, and in just 50 minutes, you are skating on gravel. Let's not even talk about the huge gouges and assorted garbage on the ice. I'm not dissing the place, just letting you know that with crowds the size they get, no matter what you do, you are always behind.Sounds like your typical weekend afternoon public sessions around the holidays. :roll: :giveup:

I'll still keep my option open on sessions, but it sounds like the afternoon/evening FS sessions are the better plan at this point.

badaxel
12-12-2007, 06:56 PM
OOH, OOH! I want to go! We had a great time last year!!!

Isk8NYC
12-12-2007, 07:35 PM
We did have fun - don't let Jazz order too many sweet potato fries. lol

I'll miss you guys!

Hmmmm...maybe we should have a Southern skatingforums meetup...*walks away scratching her head.*

jazzpants
12-12-2007, 08:04 PM
OOH, OOH! I want to go! We had a great time last year!!!Keep your eyes open on this thread... I'll have more detail when I work out details with my NYC coach regarding my lessons.

We did have fun - don't let Jazz order too many sweet potato fries. lolMmmmm.... SWEET POTATO FRIES!!! :yum: :yum: :yum: :giveup:

I'll miss you guys!
We'll definitely miss you this year, ISk8NYC!!! :cry:

mikawendy
12-12-2007, 08:54 PM
We did have fun - don't let Jazz order too many sweet potato fries. lol

I'll miss you guys!

Hmmmm...maybe we should have a Southern skatingforums meetup...*walks away scratching her head.*

There's no such thing as TOO MANY sweet potato fries! :yum:

If you have a Southern meetup and there are cheese grits, I'm so there! :yum: :yum:

Skate@Delaware
12-12-2007, 09:41 PM
I love meet-ups...but my schedule is crazy anymore. My show is 22-23 and then my daughter is in town until 3 January so I will pass this year-my daughter is my priority for now.

I would LOVE a southern meet-up! Sweet potato pie, grits, and greens!!!!!

sk8pics
12-13-2007, 06:01 AM
I won't be able to make it this year. I'm pretty booked from the 22nd through the 29th of January. Making up for lost time last year when I wasn't yet walking at Christmas!

Have a great time, anyone who makes it!

tidesong
12-13-2007, 01:27 PM
If its before the 29th I may be able to come, I just have to convince my mother to drive me all the way there hehe. Evenings are better, if she gets off work early it will be just right. Just set a date first, too many factors out of my control, I will come if I can.

MissIndigo
12-13-2007, 02:54 PM
GRITS!! omg, I miss me some grits.

There is an outside chance I may be in the NYC area over Christmas, but I don't know yet. It's likely I'll be out on the RiverRink here on Xmas day--will just have to see.

jazzpants
12-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Here's the FS schedule for the rest of the year.

Sat 12/22 7 to 11 AM

Sun 12/23 None

Mon 12/24 6 to 11 AM

Tues 12/25 5:30 to 6:30 PM

Wed 12/26 6 to 11 AM

Thurs 12/27 6 to 11 AM

Fri 12/28 6 to 11 AM

Sat 12/29 7 to 11 AM

Sun 12/30 None

(Sorry to say though, I won't be available on Christmas Day. My family will likely have a "Christmas dinner" around 2pm)

GRITS??? Did someone say GRITS!?!?! :yum: (Geez, I wish I have relatives in the South I can stay with... My diet is already SOOOOO screwed now!!! :twisted: )

ETA: GRRRRR... can't get a hold of my NYC coach. According to his outgoing VM message, he won't have access to his cell phone 'til after the 17th. Probably won't be able to call me or look at his calendar 'til either right before I leave for NYC or more than likely, just after I land... *sigh*

renatele
12-13-2007, 08:02 PM
I might be game for one of the freestyles on 26th to 28th, not too early ;) - hope to find the rink in time this time, LOL

(I don't know how their sessions run - if I spring for 80 mins, does that mean I can get on the ice at 9:40 and stay till 11?)

jazzpants
12-13-2007, 08:19 PM
(I don't know how their sessions run - if I spring for 80 mins, does that mean I can get on the ice at 9:40 and stay till 11?)Trust me, if it were up to me... it definitely won't be too early...if nothing else, I am not a morning person myself! LOL!!! :P :giveup:

And yes, I do want to see you skate in person this time! LOL!!! At least you got to the dinner last year! That's the more important part of the meetup! :twisted: :yum:

badaxel
12-14-2007, 05:18 PM
I don't know how everyone feels about meeting in Westchester instead, but my home rink has times in the afternoons that week. It's Westchester Skating Academy, in Elmsford, NY, about 20-30 minutes north of the city. Also, what about the Ice House? I'd be willing to find a diner with sweet potato fries near either one!

jazzpants
12-14-2007, 05:24 PM
I don't know how everyone feels about meeting in Westchester instead, but my home rink has times in the afternoons that week. It's Westchester Skating Academy, in Elmsford, NY, about 20-30 minutes north of the city. Also, what about the Ice House? I'd be willing to find a diner with sweet potato fries near either one!
I could arrange for a second meetup at the Hack if there's enough interest (FrankR???) I wouldn't mind screwing up my diet at the White Manna with their burgers!!! :yum: :twisted:

NoVa Sk8r
12-14-2007, 05:24 PM
I don't know how everyone feels about meeting in Westchester instead, but my home rink has times in the afternoons that week. It's Westchester Skating Academy, in Elmsford, NY, about 20-30 minutes north of the city. Also, what about the Ice House? I'd be willing to find a diner with sweet potato fries near either one!Have you seen the special holiday FS schedule (12/24 -12/31) at WSA? They've added a bunch of sessions.

badaxel
12-14-2007, 05:33 PM
Yeah, I saw it today. I was almost too distracted by my favorite Olympian (who coaches there), but I did take a look at it. I can't wait! I hope to see you there again soon, NoVa!

NoVa Sk8r
12-14-2007, 06:26 PM
Yeah, I saw it today. I was almost too distracted by my favorite Olympian (who coaches there), but I did take a look at it. I can't wait! I hope to see you there again soon, NoVa!I guess you mean TG? TG used to train at one of my rinks in Va.!

And you know that Janet Lynn's ex-coach (Slavka) teaches at WSA? I played one of Janet's old program pieces, and Slavka just stared up at the ceiling for a bit and then said, "This brings back so many memories." I think her young skater was idly confused for a moment or two until Slavka came back to Earth. :P

Oops, back to the regularly scheduled thread here ....

jazzpants
12-14-2007, 06:46 PM
So NoVa... will I see YOU at Aviator this year? Are we finally gonna meet? ;) (Are you going to AN, BTW?)

dbny
12-14-2007, 06:52 PM
I am going to have to work a few hours every day except the 25th, so there is no way I can manage anything farther from home than Aviator. I'm not sure of my schedule yet, but I should have enough wiggle room to get in a meet-up so long as I can work later in the day. My boss is out of town on vacation from the 23rd to the 30th, which means I have to handle whatever there is during that time.

NoVa Sk8r
12-14-2007, 07:09 PM
So NoVa... will I see YOU at Aviator this year? Are we finally gonna meet? ;) (Are you going to AN, BTW?)Aviator? Perhaps (although the sound of sweet potato fries sounds good :P ). Depends on which day/time y'all go. I will be at my folks' house (in very upper Westchester), and an older sister--who now lives in Tokyo--will be in the area for only a few days. So we'll see.

AN? I should be there.
I don't have a program right now, but I hope to remedy that soon, even if it means choreographing it myself. :mrgreen:

jazzpants
12-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Aviator? Perhaps (although the sound of sweet potato fries sounds good :P ). Depends on which day/time y'all go. I will be at my folks' house (in very upper Westchester), and an older sister--who now lives in Tokyo--will be in the area for only a few days. So we'll see.Okay, keep your eyes open here... I'll know more by next week (just before I leave hopefully) when I get in contact with my NYC coach.

AN? I should be there.
I don't have a program right now, but I hope to remedy that soon, even if it means choreographing it myself. :mrgreen:Oh, really! Should be interesting to see your own choreography. (I'll have to make sure to stock up on the vodka nips for 'ya then... ;) :lol: )

NoVa Sk8r
12-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Loops and I choreographed bits of our pair program (it mostly involved e-mailing each other youtube skating clips. :P "Artists create, geniuses steal!" ;)) I'm hoping to get a coach to work on my new silver program. I've already choreographed the opening and ending poses. Those are the imporant parts, right? :mrgreen:

Okay, keep your eyes open here... I'll know more by next week (just before I leave hopefully) when I get in contact with my NYC coach.Also, let me know if/when you skate at Chelsea Piers. Mayhap, I can schlep down to Pier 61 during the day.

jazzpants
12-18-2007, 04:20 PM
I found out that there will be more FS sessions at Aviator...

12/26 5:30 – 6:30 PM

12/27 4:30 – 5:30 PM

12/28 5:30 – 6:30 PM

I have these times marked off:

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. (DUH!!!)
12/26 afternoons (from 2pm on 'til the evening.)
12/27, 1/3 and 1/4 mornings -- unless you guys wanna meet at Chelsea Piers! :twisted: (Note to NoVa... since he wanted to know when my lessons are gonna be.)

You guys want to do the 12/27 or 12/28 sessions and then have dinner? Or do late morning sessions and do lunch?

liz_on_ice
12-18-2007, 06:10 PM
I found out that there will be more FS sessions at Aviator...
You guys want to do the 12/27 or 12/28 sessions and then have dinner? Or do late morning sessions and do lunch?[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

I've got 12/28 off from work already so morning session and lunch would be fine, but pretty sure I have to be in 12/27.

jazzpants
12-19-2007, 01:31 PM
I've got 12/28 off from work already so morning session and lunch would be fine, but pretty sure I have to be in 12/27.
Okay, guys! Does the 12/28 late afternoon FS session (5:30-6:30pm) at Aviator sound good for anyone??? If so, please reply to this thread and let's see if this is a good time for anyone?

Renatele? Can you make it this year? I hope I get to see you again. FrankR? badaxel? Where's sue123? Can you make it this year or are you going off on another trip this year? (I don't know if she's reading this thread... or even the "On Ice - Skaters" section since she's probably too busy with med school and all to skate.) NoVa, you are welcome to join us too if you can make it.

Back to packing and leaving... packing and leaving... :giveup:

renatele
12-19-2007, 08:28 PM
12/26 late morning would be preferable, but 12/28 morning + lunch is ok too for me, and I'd rather leave Friday evening free for family-related stuff
12/27 evening might work

jazzpants
12-20-2007, 09:24 PM
Hi, guys! I am finally in NY and am quite jet lagged. (Actually, it's more I haven't been getting enough sleep the last couple of nights preparing for this trip. :roll: )

It's looking like 12/28 from 9-11am will be good. I will only be able to make it from 10-11am since I really don't want to fight the morning commute crowd (unless I could do like 80 minutes THEN I might be able to do it...)

So unless there's any objection:

NYC CHRISTMAS MEETUP AT AVIATOR

10-11am...(unless I could do 80 minutes, then it's 9:30am to 11am) and then lunch right afterward TBD.

dbny, would you like to pick a place? Or would King Plaza Diner be good enough for 'ya? (Jazzpants praying for no rain or snow on that day too! )

sue123
12-20-2007, 10:32 PM
Why in the world do I always miss the stickies? I think I'm just so used to them being there, I skip over them. So what is it, 12/28? That's Friday, right? I actually might be headed to Boston that weekend for New Year's with a friend of mine, nothing is definite yet though. Do I have to RSVP yet?

If Boston works out, I'll probably be heading there, it's one of my favorite cities in the world. I have a problem staying in one place on my vacations, I feel like I spend my whole life in NY, so when I get a break, I want to go away.

dbny
12-20-2007, 10:48 PM

10-11am...(unless I could do 80 minutes, then it's 9:30am to 11am) and then lunch right afterward TBD.

dbny, would you like to pick a place? Or would King Plaza Diner be good enough for 'ya? (Jazzpants praying for no rain or snow on that day too! )

Welcome to NYC, Jazzpants!

12/28 is one of the few days I don't have to work, so lunch anywhere is fine by me, KPD included. If it's too crowded, though, there's a new diner about half a mile N on Flatbush Ave, called Five O's, that I had a very good Greek salad from, and the food I saw there when I ran in and out looked good too.
If anyone wants to get a little more adventurous, spend a little more, and go a little farther, there is Sahara, an excellent Turkish restaurant on Coney Island Avenue between T and U. We could have lunch there with appetizers only.

liz_on_ice
12-21-2007, 04:27 AM
It's looking like 12/28 from 9-11am will be good.

Yay! I'll be there with velvet on!

HelenC
12-23-2007, 08:30 AM
Hi everybody! DBNY told me about the meetup for Fri morning at Aviator. I think I could be there. Looking forward to meeting Sue and Liz.
Welcome back, Jazzpants! When will you be at Chelsea?
I have synchro at Central Park Wed am, lesson at Chelsea Thur am, synchro at Chelsea Thur pm.

jazzpants
12-23-2007, 10:41 AM
Hi everybody! DBNY told me about the meetup for Fri morning at Aviator. I think I could be there. Looking forward to meeting Sue and Liz.
Welcome back, Jazzpants! When will you be at Chelsea?
I have synchro at Central Park Wed am, lesson at Chelsea Thur am, synchro at Chelsea Thur pm.
What incredible luck and timing! I have lessons on the 9am session at Chelsea on Thursday 12/27/07 and 1/3/08. I definitely look forward to seeing you then! :D

(Been here for 3 days and I am dying here! Haven't been skating yet and I'm trying to get the whole gym situation dealt with. Apparently, I have a newbie at the front desk who doesn't know anything about IHRSA membership (i.e. doesn't know how to deal with visitors at affiliated clubs.) :frus:

TimDavidSkate
12-23-2007, 10:54 PM
Skate & Drink for me :halo:

I wish I can come - I have a "winter camp" on dec 26-27-28 to put together.

sue123
12-24-2007, 05:59 PM
I can't go, with my brand new concussion, I can't skate or drive. But have fun and take pictures.

jazzpants
12-24-2007, 08:29 PM
Oy vei! I've read on the Parlor! Sorry to hear about it. Hope you'll feel better soon. 8O :(

sue123
12-24-2007, 09:30 PM
Oy vei! I've read on the Parlor! Sorry to hear about it. Hope you'll feel better soon. 8O :(

Thanks. Count on something like this to happen to me. Something that sounds so unbelievable, it has to be true. I'm hoping the symptoms go away faster than they did last time.

NoVa Sk8r
12-25-2007, 08:08 PM
Sorry, Jazz (et al.), I won't be able to attend this Fri--I'm off to Europe (on an impromptu trip). I'll be back after New Year's, so maybe I'll still see you at CP!

jazzpants
12-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Look forward to meeting y'all tomorrow!!! :D It'll be FUN!!!

Enjoy Europe, NoVa. (And I just had the pleasure of meeting up with HelenC again this morning! :D )

Mrs Redboots
12-28-2007, 12:52 PM
Look forward to meeting y'all tomorrow!!! :D It'll be FUN!!!
And those of us who can't be there would love to here how it all went.

liz_on_ice
12-28-2007, 04:20 PM
wheee, it was fun!

We had myself, badaxel, Helen, jazzpants, dbny and renatele. Helen couldn't make it to lunch. We saw Jazz's program and I admired her purple Harlicks.
I showed off DD's new toy zamboni - and believe me I had to talk fast to take the toy and leave the child behind!

Lunch was delicious, and quite extended. We'd probably still be there if badaxel and I hadn't had to split.

Since we were discussing it - this is the dress I did *not* get to wear with my new program, even though my coach said "think bird" : http://www.satinspirals.com/boptopft.jpg

renatele
12-28-2007, 05:20 PM
I'm back home, too! (after battling traffic to Holland tunnel and being sidetracked by the need to pick up some groceries)

I finally got to admire jazzpants' purple skates, too :) as well as her program
dbny showed us good backspin drills (she also has nice zipper pulls! LOL)
liz_on_ice skated her program - btw love the color of your dress
HelenC has nice spins and is a really smooth skater
badaxel really needs to change her username - the axels that I saw were very nice!
I proved to everyone that I can't center the scratch spin to save my life ;) (and that once I start talking, I can really get carried away... LOL)

Is it ok with all who was there if I post the photo to this thread?

HelenC
12-28-2007, 08:39 PM
It was great to see everyone. Jazzpants did nice crossovers, and I saw some good loop jumps and backspins. Badaxle's axle is even higher than last year, and her new foot work is awesome. Liz's dress is very pretty on her. I thought you did nice centered spins, Renatale. Those arm variations were fun. We had a good time trying DBNY's backspin exercises. Too bad I missed the sweet potato fries.

jazzpants
12-28-2007, 09:37 PM
First thing... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I had a wonderful time at the NYC Christmas Meetup this year!!! It was great watching all you guys skate and having you guys all skate on the ice with me! (And except for the small group of kids and 1/3 of the rink getting coned off, the session was pretty much a private skatingforums.com FS session to boot too!!!) :bow:

HelenC: I swear... your camel has improved LOADS since last year.
Badaxel SOOOOO needs to change her handle!!! :twisted:
Renatele is scary fast and power on her edges!!! WOW!!! Her back crossovers are scary fast!!! 8O :bow: (I'm glad my secondary coach didn't see that. I really need to get my speed up more!!!) And thank you for showing me how to get that cross behind footwork, the KEWL bracket footwork and the turnout exercise. (Of course, it still proves that my turnout SUCKS... :frus: ) And HEY, I learned a new "arm position" on a spin I can definitely use too! (You know which one...LOL!!! :twisted: ) Oh! Go ahead and post those pictures here!!! :P
dbny has pretty decent FO3's!!! (I think anyway...) And I like the backspin drills too... even though I STILL couldn't get on a BO edge to save my life there! :roll: :lol:
I was honor to watch liz_on_ice ISI FS3 program, which I think is definitely ready for the ISI FS3 test now!!! :bow:Second thing.... OMG, I'm SOOOOOO STUFFED from eating at King Plaza Diner!!! Who would have THUNK that a *small* bowl of Tofutti ice cream would be so filling that I had to split half with liz_on_ice and I *still* couldn't finish a third of the half that I did have left. And of course, I don't wanna even comment about seeing the "broiled liver" on the "low-calorie" section of the menu. 8O And yes, we could have stayed there all day if we didn't have to watch our time (and watch the waitresses watch our time at the table too!!! LOL!!!)

I managed to work some of it off at the Aviator Fitness Center afterwards -- and got shanghai-ed into an impromptu (and FREE) personal training session by this guy who claims he's the fitness manager at Aviator. Needless to say, I didn't get back 'til about 8pm EST!!! :giveup: (The real dessert is the gossip, of course!!! ;) )

ISK8NYC: You were definitely missed this year at the meetup! :cry:

Time for me to crash! It's been a loooooong week!!! :giveup:

Isk8NYC
12-29-2007, 12:09 AM
ISK8NYC: You were definitely missed this year at the meetup! :cry:Thanks, Jazz! I took the DH & Twins skating at the outdoor rink in Cary, NC today and thought of you guys. I'm sure you had better ice, but I had a little posse of pre-teens hanging out with me! lol

Cute rink - small and square, with a nice open-air tent over it in case of rain.

My twins were more impressed by the rock-climbing wall, which they both scaled to great heights. Next time they're "gonna blow the whistle." (Apparently the reward for reaching the top of the wall -- eeek!)

jazzpants
12-29-2007, 03:45 PM
Better ice? Dunno. Ice is kinda hard at Avaitor if you ask me.

Trust me... You would have liked the gossip and/or contributed to it. (Though admittedly this year the board is kinda quiet as far as drama is concern. Maybe next year, we'll have more? :halo:)

And before I forget, renatele... don't forget to look the place where you got your hip pads. ;)

Sadly, I'm combating a cold right now. Probably got it from my niece -- just stuffy nose and sore throat. I'm resting most of today and posting via DH's Blackberry in bed.. So please make sure you get your Vitamin C intake.

dbny
12-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Better ice? Dunno. Ice is kinda hard at Avaitor if you ask me.

ITA

Sadly, I'm combating a cold right now. Probably got it from my niece -- just stuffy nose and sore throat. I'm resting most of today and posting via DH's Blackberry in bed.. So please make sure you get your Vitamin C intake.

Ugh! Me too! Felt like I was coming down with one since Monday, and last night it hit. I had to sleep with tissues in my nostrils to get any rest. Worked from 10 to 3 today and used half a box of Puffs! It's 9 to 5 tomorrow and I'm wearing earmuffs!

PIX, PIX, let's have the PIX!

I also had a great time, getting in a little practice, and lots of friendly advice on FO threes. My favorite moment on the ice was when it was time to go, and everyone went racing around as fast as possible to get that last skate of the day in.

liz_on_ice
12-29-2007, 05:01 PM
ITA
I also had a great time, getting in a little practice, and lots of friendly advice on FO threes. My favorite moment on the ice was when it was time to go, and everyone went racing around as fast as possible to get that last skate of the day in.

8O renatale can really move

jazzpants
12-29-2007, 07:55 PM
8O renatale can really moveI tried to go a couple of figure 8's doing back crossovers and I couldn't keep up with her. 8O (I think I'll have secondary coach work me on faster back crossovers for 2008... want to see if I could keep up with renatele NEXT Christmas. LOL!!!)

I also had a great time, getting in a little practice, and lots of friendly advice on FO threes. My favorite moment on the ice was when it was time to go, and everyone went racing around as fast as possible to get that last skate of the day in.Yeah, that's how it is at my rink too. The Zamboni chases us off the ice!!! :lol:

That and SWEET POTATO FRIES. :yum: (I was good! I didn't have too many. Renatele helped me with that! :halo: )

For those who want to know my schedule at Chelsea Piers, I will also be at the 8-9 and the 9-10am FS session on Wed. 1/2 also. For those who want to see me scared out of my wits, NYC coach will be putting me on the harness at the 9am session!!! 8O Tickets on sale now!!! :lol: :P

Isk8NYC
12-29-2007, 07:57 PM
Ahem, pictures, please?

Yes, Renata scares me sometimes with her speed and power, she also wears me out, too!
Lovely to watch, terrifying to skate near! lol (x(x(x(x(Renata)x)x)x)x)

I *hate* being on the ice with the Zamboni, so I usually bolt as soon as they start up.
Why can't they make an announcement or blow an air horn to make people clear the ice instead? It's dangerous!

Jazz - we'll gossip about you at our meetup, okay? ROFLOL!!!! Hugs!

renatele
12-29-2007, 08:04 PM
http://skating.zachariahs.com/photos/NYC_meet_2007/aviator.jpg

From left: Liz_on_ice, jazzpants, HelenC, dbny, badaxel, renatele

Isk8NYC
12-29-2007, 08:06 PM
You are a tall drink of water, Renetale! Glad Liz can balance out the picture. (Spoken as a sub-5'4" person.) You look great!
Liz - I didn't expect blonde, I thought of wavy auburn. (I'm always wrong, ask Mrs. R.)
DBNY - lovely, as always. (You look a bit tired - get some rest soon! That's an order!)
HelenC - how could you pass up the fries? Did you show them that backspin I love so much. (Still can't do it well, but I'm getting better, lol)
badaxel - did you drive or take mass transit? Hope it wasn't pouring this year.

Jazzpants - You look wonderful! Congrats!

jazzpants
12-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Renatale - THANK YOU for the photos and the padding info!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

ISk8NYC - LOL!!! Hey! Nothing stopping anyone from gossiping about me. And you think we didn't gossip about YOU!?!?! :lol: (Just kidding. The only thing we said about you this year is that we missed having you at the meetup this year.)

Weather was pretty decent that Friday. It only started raining in the evening and it was LATE in the evening. Everyone (even me who came back to Long Island about 8pm) stayed nice and dry, I think.

Cheers,
jazzpants, who's going off to get yet another box of Kleenex... Gawd, I HATE COLDS!!! :evil:

badaxel
01-01-2008, 09:02 AM
Hey everyone!
Sorry it took so long to post, but my DH and I have been very busy ripping down ceilings in our new house. Talk about DEstruction!
I had a wonderful time seeing Renatale, Jazzpants, and Helen again! It was great to meet Liz on Ice and Dbny! Isk8NYC- we missed you!
I actually moved since last year, so I drove in from Westchester, which was WAY faster than taking mass transit from Manhattan, believe it or not. Aviator is not exactly in a mass transit hub, being way out in an old air field!
Anyway, thanks for all of the juicy gossip, great skating, and encouragement!
Have a happy new year!