View Full Version : UK Passport Gold Programme

Derek
12-09-2007, 09:47 AM
I am currently collating music for my Passport Gold programme (in figure skating), and have editting facilities to make it 1m 30s duration. I am sure that I read somewhere that lyrics are allowed at this level, but cannot find any evidence.

Can anyone offer help?

sk8_4fun
12-09-2007, 11:18 AM
I wouldn't swear to it but I don't think it matters at this level as you dont even have to have music at all. At our rink, those who do gold as part of a group lesson don't have any music at all mostly due to time constraints. I'm doing mine in private lessons and only have music because I asked if I could. Mine doesn't have any lyrics, because it started out life as a free dance (long story??!!). Good luck with your programme.:yum:

Derek
12-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Thank you for that clarification sk8_4fun, I notice you are taking your gold on Tuesday? I wish you luck.

I have chosen 5 possible candidates for my programme - which I will pass to my coach for comment and guidance ...

they are (all editted down to 1m 30s):

* 2nd Waltz from Shostakovich Jazz Suite No 2 - I just love the cheerful mood this piece creates.
* Gabriel's Oboe from The Mission by Morricone - I have seen an international programme with this music (Abitbol and Bernardis), excellent.
* Ocean Gypsy by Blackmore's Night - a hauntingly beautiful song.
* Wake Me Up Inside, by Linkin Park and Evanescence - just to show I aint past it yet
* Waltz in E by Fernando Sor - a piece I recorded myself on classical guitar.

sk8_4fun
12-09-2007, 01:56 PM
Wow, those are nice pieces especially the Blackmores Knight one (my husband is a fan but I hadn't thought to raid his collection for possible skating music-yet!)
I'm skating to a piece called 'For you, Matthew' By Giovanni Marradi. I always take so long to chose ad find that everything I hear these days is potential 'programme' music.
I hope you have fun choreographing your first programme.