View Full Version : Belatis

Helen88
12-08-2007, 02:26 PM
So the obvious answer to this is 'are they comfortable? Can you skate in them? Well then, they're fine then!', but I've heard a lot about Jacksons and Reidells and other brands on here, and NOTHING about Belatis. I bought mine...a year ago? now, and they seem pretty comfortable. But they're just using the blades that came with them, and my question is, are they actually any good? Will they be alright when I start jumping? I skate twice a week, about 4hrs, and I'm finishing up with Skate UK - starting Waltz jumps and stuff. Can I expect them to last?

Any help welcome :D.

frbskate63
12-08-2007, 03:25 PM
My first pair of skates were the Belati starter boots. They're a good beginner's skate, lasted me a couple of years, and I was comfortable trying jumps up to salchow in them. But you'll probably want to upgrade to something a bit stiffer at some point if you're doing a lot of jumping, and almost certainly if you start on loops. I stuck with Belatis for my second pair of boots - provided they work for your feet, Belati Gold is plenty stiff enough to take you through your singles.

Fiona

Mrs Redboots
12-08-2007, 05:06 PM
My first pair were Belati starters, too. They were fine, although actually too big for me, and they fell apart after a couple of years.

sk8_4fun
12-09-2007, 11:28 AM
I had belatis (classics) as a beginner, and they were as comfortable as old slippers- in fact that was the problem. I'm not the lightest person and they were not supportive enough once I started jumping. I changed to wifas after about 5 months in them.

Helen88
12-09-2007, 12:23 PM
Right, thanks all. They should last me a bit longer then. I saved for them for aaages (over a year), and I've been using them regularly for about 9 months. They are incredibly comfortable though...:roll: