View Full Version : What would you want your coach to give you for Christmas?

teresa
12-06-2007, 09:52 PM
Seriously, what would you want? Not things but things. Of course I'd like to be given the skills I want. =-) But what I really would like to know is what she thinks. Am I doing anything better, really? Not the coach talk but what the person thinks. What does it mean when you teach me a new skill? Do I deserve it or you feeling kind that day? Am I stupid or is it normal to do these stupid things? Is there anything good about me as a skater? I've heard the needs work! You get the idea. What do you want?

teresa

Mrs Redboots
12-07-2007, 03:03 AM
In an ideal world, my coach not to tell me that he thinks I'll never get my Level 4 dances and that I've probably got as good as I'm going to get, which is what I know he thinks! Sigh....

flo
12-07-2007, 09:10 AM
Mrs. R.
Ha! Remember we've seen you skate through the years. You're still getting better!!!!!

Skate@Delaware
12-07-2007, 03:30 PM
I would like her to be able to let me get the right "feel" of the backspin and scratch spin....to get that transfer of weight and where my body parts are supposed to be during the whole thing-and lock it down and keep it forever so I will know when I'm off.

miraclegro
12-07-2007, 05:00 PM
A free lesson, of course! :)

jazzpants
12-07-2007, 05:55 PM
A free lesson, of course! :)
Me too!!! Me too!!!

Actually, my coaches did give me something I wanted that I didn't expect to get this year... a lutz! (See this post (http://www.skatingforums.com/showthread.php?p=346465#post346465)!) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (Well, okay, it's technically a flutz and royally cheated, but it's getting there and I did land three of them clean in front of primary coach...) :bow: :bow: :bow:

Next year's wish list present would definitely be a nice FO mohawk...

GordonSk8erBoi
12-08-2007, 05:19 PM
Not too sound too rah-rah, but my coach is so kind and generous with her time that I would feel weird with anything more than a token present.

teresa
12-08-2007, 10:26 PM
My coach is also very kind. I didn't mean material things, just the "things" in skating you can't buy. I too would love to have her give me a backspin for a day so I can learn how it should feel. I struggle with this too. I guess I was thinking of the things your heart wants but can't really ask for or get.

teresa